8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Days almost here when the charger goes on. I'm pumped beyond belief. However, ive got a few more questions that only you boosted fellows could know.

1. When does the car stop pulling? On a closed course has anyone tried not topping out, but getting 140+ on a JRSC or a stage 2 CT? I guess what I want to know is if it's going to stop pulling hard once I get in 5th.

2. With a good launch control set on about 3,500 RPMS is there any way possible to get traction in 1st without DRs and actually going WOT? Lol... probably not, but I thought i'd ask.

thanks SCers!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
1: Havent maxed it out yet. Little nervous.lol. 5th still pulls decent.

2: Ride the hell out of your clutch is one of the only ways I can think. If you floor it, chances are, you'll break loose. But then again, it also depends on what street tires you're on. I launched on my old neogens around 4k at almost full throttle, while riding the clutch and got decent traction till 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1: Havent maxed it out yet. Little nervous.lol. 5th still pulls decent.

2: Ride the hell out of your clutch is one of the only ways I can think. If you floor it, chances are, you'll break loose. But then again, it also depends on what street tires you're on. I launched on my old neogens around 4k at almost full throttle, while riding the clutch and got decent traction till 2nd gear.
Lol I hope 5th pulls a lot better than what it does now (I/H/E). Once I hit 5th it kind of doesnt want to move much lol!

I'm using 225 Dunlop z1 star specs... whenever I want to do runs for straight line I lower the PSI to around 35...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If you've maxed 4th out, 5th will still pull. 6th not so much I'm sure.

I've had my blower on for a little over a year and now I'm thinkin bout a little more power next year. Maybe build a k24 block on the side this year or take the easy way out and add a lil 35 shot.lol

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well 6th gear wasn't really made to pull, is more of a cruise gear, but I can't say it doesn't pull at all because I haven't pushed the car that far yet. Only one way to find out.lol.

And trust me, you're gonna love your car. After you feel what the blower does, you may not wanna take it that far either.lol

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well 6th gear wasn't really made to pull, is more of a cruise gear, but I can't say it doesn't pull at all because I haven't pushed the car that far yet. Only one way to find out.lol.

And trust me, you're gonna love your car. After you feel what the blower does, you may not wanna take it that far either.lol
Lol I had the fortune to drive around an e60 M5 for a while (long story)... that thing was too fast for god. i mustve put the pedal all the way to the floor in that thing about 100 times... it'll walk all over a SCed Si... now when my N20 gets tuned with my SC it may be a different story...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Haha. Yea I may throw a bottle in mine also. I want to upgrade my valvetrain first though as well as my fuel system. Then again I'm kinda getting tired of complaning about traction. It's fun at first, till you start losing races because of it.lol

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha. Yea I may throw a bottle in mine also. I want to upgrade my valvetrain first though as well as my fuel system. Then again I'm kinda getting tired of complaning about traction. It's fun at first, till you start losing races because of it.lol
I know man... when I spray in 1st it's hard to grip. But I actually did a few weeks ago.

It was 80 degrees, my Z1 star spec 225 tires were really warmed up and I sprayed in 1st at 20 and din't spin one bit. It felt like a rocket ship... well not really lol.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I'd say that it pulls much harder above 100, but it does start to loose steam in the 120s. 6th is an overdrive gear, so it's not going to pull like 5 and below, but the s/c is still a marked improvement over i/h/e.

As for traction I doubt it, wot in first anywhere but at like 7+ k rpms isn't advisable if you're looking for traction. I'm considring having an aftermarket lsd installed to help traction when punching it in first and to improve traction overall. I talk about my thoughts on gaining traction in low gears in my build thread.

Good luck with your build, have fun and be careful with the new found power!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd say that it pulls much harder above 100, but it does start to loose steam in the 120s. 6th is an overdrive gear, so it's not going to pull like 5 and below, but the s/c is still a marked improvement over i/h/e.

As for traction I doubt it, wot in first anywhere but at like 7+ k rpms isn't advisable if you're looking for traction. I'm considring having an aftermarket lsd installed to help traction when punching it in first and to improve traction overall. I talk about my thoughts on gaining traction in low gears in my build thread.

Good luck with your build, have fun and be careful with the new found power!
Thank you!!! So since you can rev out a bit further with FP... do you hit 140 in 5th or no? And is 120-130 really slow or no?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
No, top of fifth is like 125 I think. I don't drive that fast too often, but getting up to top speed is still going to be a struggle just because of aerodynamics, but once again, it's not that moving through jello feel of trying it n/a, the supercharger helps significantly..

·
Registered
802 Posts
5th gear pulls plenty hard, ive been at 120 130 in 5th i think. I was obviously watching the road not the dash. Its not slow at all. There was a modded MS3 right next to me at the time. Your not gonna get traction in first.... I use drag radials and ive been having trouble keeping traction.

Your gonna have tire spin on regular tires, the issue is trying to minimize it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5th gear pulls plenty hard, ive been at 120 130 in 5th i think. I was obviously watching the road not the dash. Its not slow at all. There was a modded MS3 right next to me at the time. Your not gonna get traction in first.... I use drag radials and ive been having trouble keeping traction.

Your gonna have tire spin on regular tires, the issue is trying to minimize it.
Quite honestly, I have a friend who has his personal airstrip. No friggin joke. He owns all the real estate in this area and a development group, and he has his own airstrip and two personal pilots. He's agreed to let me use the strip for my car whenever I feel like it (as long as his plain isn't there). To prove it, I'll take a video of the airstrip when I make accel videos. Let's see if I can top out!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Lol I had the fortune to drive around an e60 M5 for a while (long story)... that thing was too fast for god. i mustve put the pedal all the way to the floor in that thing about 100 times... it'll walk all over a SCed Si... now when my N20 gets tuned with my SC it may be a different story...
Even when SCed, an M5 will walk all over this car. with its 500hp 380 lb-ft V-10

Quite honestly, I have a friend who has his personal airstrip. No friggin joke. He owns all the real estate in this area and a development group, and he has his own airstrip and two personal pilots. He's agreed to let me use the strip for my car whenever I feel like it (as long as his plain isn't there). To prove it, I'll take a video of the airstrip when I make accel videos. Let's see if I can top out!
Might not be advisable to post a link on here. Even an airstrip is considered street racing.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Yeah I'd say that if street racing constitutes racing on concrete or asphalt then nobody on here should be talking about racing... Private property is just that, private, not public, as in public streets.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^word. Written consent from the owner of this private property seems pretty legit to me.
His names Barry, he owns a development group in my area. They own everything here. He spent millions making this strip, and he has two full time pilots. (He took me on his plane to Boston for dinner)

I saw him the other day and he told me he'll be traveling overseas this summer, and I can use his property. He has a gate guy who'll let me in :dance:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts