8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone know where i can buy the fd2 brembo brakes at.. any advice would help.. thanks

i would also appreciate any opinions on other brake upgrades, please let me know where i can find the kit at. thanks

·
Banned
25,682 Posts
does anyone know where i can buy the fd2 brembo brakes at.. any advice would help.. thanks
It would be easier and probably cheaper to buy brembo calipers from Brembo or a brembo dealer.If you still want FD2 specific calieprs your best bet is to find someone who has contacts in Japan and order them from Japan Honda.I would imagine with all that they have gone through recently that won't be likely to work,but it's an option.

·
Team Orange
34,056 Posts
If you are going to do the complete FD2 Brake sway including the FD2 rotor as well your in for a very costly conversion.... not worth it.... Trust me I know...:facepalm:... you will need alot of sus components and a few other things... if you really want to know what to get and a price break down.. let me know ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great advice.. yea its all still up in the air.. actually i do have contacts in japan but yeah, with everything thats going on that would be really difficult.. im gonna look into it some more, i found endless brakes..little over $3000 tho.. spoon calipers might be the way to go tho.. we will see. thanks guy and keep the info coming

·
Banned
25,682 Posts
great advice.. yea its all still up in the air.. actually i do have contacts in japan but yeah, with everything thats going on that would be really difficult.. im gonna look into it some more, i found endless brakes..little over $3000 tho.. spoon calipers might be the way to go tho.. we will see. thanks guy and keep the info coming
question...what is the prupose of wanting the FD2 calipers/brakes?

if it's for looks you can do it cheaper than even the spoons,TL-S calipers+rotors can be had for under $800,you won't even get a decent set of spoon calipers for that(although you can use them with oem rotors).

if you want a upgrade in brake performance then you can alot better for alot cheaper..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mainly for the name plus the performance.. im new to the 8th gen civics. i had an integra gsr before and putting the type r brakes on with the 5 lug conversion was really no trouble at all.. figured it be around the same..

plus im going for the stock type r exterior loook.. i really had no idea what to expect with it, hence the reason im asking for opinions.. i appreciate ur input. thanks

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
By the way fooski jizo, in my opinion converting to the FD2-R Brembo is not worth the time and moneys. Just so you know it's not a directly bolt on parts, so your best bet would be the TL-S or the DC5-R brembo brake conversion which will be a lots cheaper, still have similar performances, and will bolt on directly with very little modifications.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for all the help and advice, I have decided on the dc5 r brembos and they are currently installed in my car.. Stopping is fantastic now.. I'm running s2000 front rotors, ichiba v2 25mm spacers with fd2 rims for clearance.. Goodridge steel braided lines..

Installation took a while because we had to run back and forth to the store to buy tools.. Overall excellent experience tho

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys for all the help and advice, I have decided on the dc5 r brembos and they are currently installed in my car.. Stopping is fantastic now.. I'm running s2000 front rotors, ichiba v2 25mm spacers with fd2 rims for clearance.. Goodridge steel braided lines..

Installation took a while because we had to run back and forth to the store to buy tools.. Overall excellent experience tho

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Hi, how do you convert your dc5 brembo to your non type r 8th gen civic with s2k rotors? Did you use spacers for you to align the rotors to the caliper?

Thank you

·
Registered
665 Posts
So in regards to the s2k rotors, they don't require any spacers to properly align with aftermarket calipers. I believe the dc5-r brembos are a direct bolt on to our cars, but require a longer bolt. The TL Type-S Brembos work with the s2k rotors as well, but they do require some drilling on the stock mounting holes to allow for the TL Brembo's larger diameter bolts. The only rotor combo here that requires any spacers is if you wanted to use the TL Type-S rotors as well. These rotors are thicker as well as wider in diameter so I don't believe they would work with the dc5-r calipers and they also require something like a 6mm spacer behind the rotor to get them to align correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts