8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a FBP and I want to paint my stock wheels gold. Like a nice WRX kinda gold. (Not dull) I want opinions,pics,paint colors if you know them. Anyone who has painted gold wheels before, how they came out. Any and all responses will help. If you think bad idea, good idea. I am thinking about doing it so if you think its a good idea let me know. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
436 Posts
no need to wet sand it, just sand them normally. for mine i used 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear
wet sanding makes it easier, plus it just takes off the clear coat so the paint and primer will stick better. i do it for a living. i used 3 coats of each plus a heat gun to cure...with approx 30 mins between coats of just sitting, no direct heat.

·
Premium Member
11,559 Posts
i have gold feathers on my FBP

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I wouldn't go with black.. at least in my area black is SO played out. I would go with something different like gold/bronze or even gunmetal stocks. IMO I would try to go with something no one has or isn't common. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
black with a blue lip looks really good!
I saw this and it looks nice but I think I am going to go with a different look. I want to clear my tail lights, eventually shave off my rear H symbol,

i have gold feathers on my FBP
Yea I already saw your whip and I love the color, I just want to make sure by painting mine that they don't come out like a flat Gold, I am going to DIY, soo I am trying to find that color that would make it look like they weren't painted and that I bought the wheels. Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.