8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What have been your favorite moments, experiences or times with your Si?
Post up your fun times, good experiences and things you have enjoyed about your Si.

Here's a couple I have had:

1. The day I picked up my car. It was in the new car delivery area. All shiny
and prepped. A couple who was purchasing a new Accord couldn't keep
their eyes off the car, perhaps having a tinge of envy.

2. A couple days after I bought the car, I went to an auto parts store to
get some stuff for my Si. As I was walking towards the car, a guy leaving
the parking lot stopped his car and just stared at the car for the longest
time and said, "Nice BMW".

3. I had only had my Si for less than a day when we attended an 8th Civic
meet. My Si was new, detailed and the day was sunny and gorgeous.
I still remember pulling into the parking lot and seeing a queue of Si's
neatly lined up while the owners all collectively looked at my Si. Nice
feeling.

4. The first time I hit VTEC, I about wet my pants. What an experience.

5. Discovering the Zen of detailing my Si and feeling the oneness with
the car after spending hours cleaning and polishing the car.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
when i got envy from some R18 owner asking me if my si was my husbands......? i told him no, i own the rights to all 6 of my gears and vtec and if he wants i will show him up infront of everyone at the service desk in the dealership. he shut up and i pulled away vtec-ing! smart ass kids FTL!!!

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts

• The night I drove it home from the dealer

• The first time I saw it after 8 months of it living in a garage

• When I came home for 2 days in July

• When I came home from Kuwait for good

• Everytime I go outside to get in it

• Everytime I come out of some sort of establishment and see that it is still there and in the same condition that it was in when I parked it.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
that perfect downshift with the flawless rev match. My SI then whispers out "That's a nice downshift dawg, keep it up and you'll be seeing me for the next 300k miles"

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
In no particular order:

When I got the call from the dealer that she arrived. I went there to keep an eye on her. After she came off the truck, I was looking at the car to make sure I really liked the 4 door Si in person. (I ordered it, and never saw it cuz it was when they were first released last November) Anyway, as I was looking at it I saw the salesman put the SOLD sign in it, with my last name. Then 3 guys pulled up and were looking at it. The one looks at me and says "thats a gorgeous car, isnt it?" I was like "yup"... then he went to open the door, and see if he can sit in it.. I politely said "do me a favor...dont touch my car." He had such a weird look..."See that sold sign..that my last name." He was like "holy ****...u already bought one...they just came out!" Then he wouldnt stop talking. I think he was excited for me.

This past weekend at the VA meet was another one of my favorite moments. Mainly because rolling with like 25 si's was alot of fun.

The first time I vtec'd past a ricer and heard neck bones break. lol

Thats all for now. . . .

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
jokka said:
that perfect downshift with the flawless rev match. My SI then whispers out "That's a nice downshift dawg, keep it up and you'll be seeing me for the next 300k miles"
LOL ^

1. When my si was shipped to the dealership after a 3 hour wait. that RR @ night just stole my heart haha

2. when i was sitting at the desk negociating with the salesman and he asked me what color i wanted and i juggled between blue and red for a good hour or so until i finally decided... blue... then he went to find one, came back and told me they had a blue one ready to ship and i told him uh dude can you make that a red please i changed my mind. :lildevil:

3. doing donuts in a parking lot...while bouncing off the rev limiter in first gear(not as fun in a fwd..and not really considered a donut anymore lol)

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Walked in to the dealer, saw the spoiler, saw the little red emblem, and fell in love. It's been like a honeymoon every day since.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
when i picked up my car for the first time and I let my friend drive home cuz he was a more experienced manual driver than me at the time. half way home i was in total shock being the passenger by how awesome the car sounded and handled, at one point my friend goes in anxiety"ahaha i'm gonna take it up to 7 k rpms" and that's when i soiled my pants... oh nooooooooes tsk tsk tsk...a drop of tear everytime i think back about that moment...

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Good times:

1. When I had an LX and dentrecords gave me a demo of what the 'lil beast could do.

Bad times:

1. I joined this forum and got hooked.

2. My addiction got a bit out of hand and I ended up trading in my LX for an Si

Good times:

1. When I drive the FG2.

2. When I get in and out of the car, I give the car a nice stare down and it still screams, "I'm sexy!"

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
when my friend got a 99 mustang...and was talking trash to everyone...untill i drove up in the SI (bought it that same day also)...he shut up quickly...

and everytime i look at my car i let out a little SIgh....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
walking backwards looking at it everytime i leave

owning an audi TT driver who thought he was cool

when i discovered the beauty of a revmatched downshift

when i hit high RPMs with my CAI for the first time

the first start with my evo2

admiring the beauty after a wax

just listening to tunes during a nice night with all the glass open and just cruising on the way home from a night out when no one else is on the road

having an idiot in an old G20 rev on me WOT for about a minute (we were both in different only lanes too) i just said... you're an idiot and you have no chance, so why bother?

the first day i had it i got nice comments from 2 people

buying it/doing the paper work... such an amazing feeling

and every single VTEC makes the adrenaline spill

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
1. Every time i cruise around town.
2. Hearing the sound of the lil beast.
3. Looking at my washed and waxed NHBP si
4. Getting hooked on 8th and learning new things
5. Wanting more mods
6. Hearing that I get my car back soon after some arsehole T-boned me

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
For me it would be:
1. After a nice wash down and wax.
2. Everytime I get in the car to go somewhere.
3. Looking at it when i get out or in the perfect lighting.
4. After I install a new mod and stare at it for days everytime i go to the car.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
SIg said:
1. Every time i cruise around town.
2. Hearing the sound of the lil beast.
3. Looking at my washed and waxed NHBP si
4. Getting hooked on 8th and learning new things
5. Wanting more mods
6. Hearing that I get my car back soon after some arsehole T-boned me
#5 is a KILLER huh? :xyxnervou

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
When I was inside the dealer and they had brought my TW Si out to the front for me to take home after signing everything! my heart was pounding!! I had the biggest grin! :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts