8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a favorite wash/wax product that they use? I've used lots of different waxes/polish before. Just wondered what you guys use and like.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Currently i'm very happy with using Mequirs products.

I use Meguirs high tech nano molecule wax. Very nice finish! Richer color and reflections like a mirror after a few coats. I also like using meguirs show room spray for touch ups everyday but due to its cost ($15 a hit) i've been using George Foremans show room polish ($6 a hit) and works just as good!

·
Registered
6 Posts
maguiars are definitely good products but their waxes are not the best

you have various manufacturer products that beat their waxes

some retail for a fairly hefty price just google the best wax there are various competitions

as for me I am using the 5 star shine's teflon coating, which is used on navy battleships to prevent radar debris and is also tested to last for more than 150 washes. Ionically bonded to paint to create a better shield and less porous structure

check them out if you are not sure but this stuff will help everything to GET off your car with only a simple washing

NO MORE WAXES for real
you can still touch things up and you are supposed to use a cleaner(not as strong as rubbing and more so than polishers) once a year or so to get the embedded debris.

This stuff does work though and there are various forums to prove it

I will be protecting my new civic in minnesota at all costs

it gets ****** rough up here

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anyone know what is best for protecting the window weather striping from getting that SCABBY crust growing on it... I'm pretty sure the silicone products are not cutting it!..Thanks

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
I use Meguiars Nxt generation tech wax. In my opinion this is the best! I've owned quite a few black cars, so I've had to deal with those infamous swirl marks. I've used practically everything-even the two and three step wax process, only to find the swirl mark had returned.

Meguires Nxt Tech wax is AWESOME. I've applied it once (in Spring) and my car looks better that showroom new-and no swirl marks!! That in itself makes me very happy!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'v got this stuff on my shelf not only is it a great product it's a breeze to polish off.BTW always use microfiber cloths to buff this helps the removal process too! :thumb:
Good call 2fast.

·
Registered
313 Posts
^^ I agree - NXT on black cars is a good combo. I used to use Zaino with a top coat of P21S. Shiny, but not as deep. My only gripe with NXT is it isn't as durable as the Zaino was. The NXT doesn't do as well on the swirls as Zaino either, but sometimes I'll put on a layer of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze before the NXT which helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts