8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Civic LX which was involved in a minor accident on the front Passenger (right) side. As a result, I replaced the headlight assembly and all the bulbs (three in front). I now have a fast flashing right turn signal which probably indicates some sort of low voltage or short problem with the bulbs on the passenger (right) side.

For good measure I replaced all of the bulbs in the back (4 in total) to eliminate any issue with the rear lights. However, the fast flashing turn signal remains even though no lights are out (tail lights, DRL, Headlights, backup lights, etc) I even checked the lights over the license plate to no avail.

All this indicates that I might have a more difficult problem with the shorting of the wires on the right side. I inspected the wiring harnesses on the right side, and one of them seemed pretty mangled from the accident. I wrapped each wire in electrical tape (see pictures) so as to isolate each wire. One of these wires was bare and I could see copper wire exposed.

How can I trouble shoot the problem to find out the exact cause of the problem?

I have tested each of the leads in the wiring harness for continuity with the frame of the car. Also, I continually get fast flashing right turn signal with or without the bulb plugged into the harness. I also swapped out the bulb for good measure.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and find out the nature of this electrical problem?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
You are testing the negative with the chassis? that's probably the problem. harnesses usually have a negative wire in them or the terminals are grounded elsewhere. I would try that. I would focus on the turn signal wires. Are the wires nice and secure in their harnesses?

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts