8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went in yesterday morning to put my $500 reserve fee down for a Civic SI. The dealer goes in back to charge the money to my credit card and is gone for quite some time. He comes back with my reciept and says: "Here is the deal, my manager says I can only sell you the SI with heated leather seats"
Needless to say this catches me alittle off guard and suddenly I feel like Im the guy in the beginning of the movie "Fargo" whos getting sold the
true-coat on his car that he does not want. Not only that but I am highly confused because I have done my share of research on the Civic SI because I was having a hard time deciding between it and the 2006 RSX type-S, and I know that the Civic SI does not come with leather seats from Honda. Anyway after discussing this with him and not making any progress I got frustrated and said "yeah, whatever" and left.
What gives? Anyone else experience anything like this? Anyone seen a civic SI with leather seats not counting the Civic SI Sport concept? Anyone have pictures of what these seats look like?
Any advice or help on this issue is appreciated, because its stressing me out, thnx! :banghead:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
get your deposit back and walk away. Either the dealership is absolutely stupid, or they feel like screwing you. There is no such thing as the 06 civic si with leather seats, let alone headed leather seats. I just can't even imagine what in the world they are thinking.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I wanna talk to them about the heated leather seats that doesnt come with the Si.

Walk away, go somewhere else and tell them to f*ck off for trying to do that to you. They are worthless. Start calling around to see what you can get at other dealerships and dont be afraid to go 30-40 miles away. Get your deposit back ASAP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx for confirming that they were all *** tards.
I went to another dealership this morning and 2 hours later drove out with a brand new alabaster civic SI... KICK ASS!!
I feel like a kid again! *now I just have to get used to making car payments again...ouch* :driving:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
you already GOT ONE!!!!!!!! WOW that is awesome. Glad to hear it worked out for the best. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts