8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, let me say, this turbo experience has been wonderful. From the help I've received here, to the research I've had to do. It's been one to remember, and I want to honestly take a min and show some props where it's due.

A month ago, my car got boosted(3 weeks actually). The day after it was done, I took it to Forged Performance in Atlanta, GA. I had them (Sharif, the GM) tune it. Left, and it was fine. Then I went to NY for two weeks, and came back, and about 700miles later, my car started actin funny. I decided to do some research, which a lot of members helped me out with.

Two nights ago (late saturday night around 10pm), I sent an email thru the "Contact Us" link on the Forged Performance Atlanta website. Most of us know how long it takes for us to get a reply. My letter was very informative and precise in letting them know what the problem was. I have already received a response (which is the fastest response I've ever had dealing with buying shoes, to car parts, to jewelry) tonight. Here is my response from them:

Hi Nicolas, lets schedule some time to check things out.

Maybe what you are hearing is not detonation. If you ran 110 octane and still heard it, than it must not be detonation. 110 octane fuel will not knock, in with very very advanced timing.
The spring pressure is 5.5psi, but remember on the dyno, it is going to read lower, and that is perfectly normal. If I recall correctly, your measured base boost pressure was about 4.5psi.

let us know what day/time works best and I will try to work you in. GO ahead and coordinate with Sandy.

Sharif
General Manager / Certified Tuner
Forged Performance, LLC.
498 Cobb Parkway South
Marietta, GA 30060
Phone - 770.792.0202
Fax - 770.792.0203

Not only are they willing to work my car thru it's problems, they're willing to do it on my schedule (which being military is very very hectic). A top notch shop!!

If you need tuning, questions, or info, I do suggest these people. Below is their website, and some more information about them.

ForgedPerformance.com

forged performance atlanta - Google Maps

YouTube - Forged Performance

YouTube - Forged Performance Greddy TT Install

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
i called forged and they said they wont work on my honda.. and i said hey i heard u boosted a 8th gen and they said it was a employees car.. and they work on 350's (i belive is what he said)

they pretty much shut me down

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They really are. I was very impressed at the number of cars they had in their shop. Every lift had a car uptop, and below in each bay.

Here's a few Quickie Pix of their Area.

I wanted to steal it, but I couldn't get the keys outta Sharif. Me, Evan, and Rob all tried :thumb:

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
well they told me they didnt work on hondas...

and that was the end of the conversation.. didnt even hear what i wanted done

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called forged and they said they wont work on my honda.. and i said hey i heard u boosted a 8th gen and they said it was a employees car.. and they work on 350's (i belive is what he said)

they pretty much shut me down
when was that? It's my understanding that Sharif/Sandy are both very well known at Greddy, in the SCCA, and throughout the Car Show Scene. Especially since the GM's car was featured in a magazine. Don't remember if it was SuperStreet, Import Tuner, or which one. But they do have the poster (magazine article) in plain view inside the shop.

When I spoke to them initially before my car was even finished, they were unavailable at first, but Sharif called me back within an hour to discuss my car, what I needed done, and a price.

Tuning is tuning. Now if you asked them to do the turbo build, then I don't know...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your shirt? what shirt? no I don't have your shirt?!?! Then again, I haven't cleaned my car.

I'm going back up there next saturday, the 7th, the a retune and my BOV install. Wanna roll?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
i just ordered a strup header... kind of want to do dyno before and after.. wonder if this shop will do it for me

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
not sure if Forged will do just dyno stuff. Robert's got the line on a good dyno spot. I think there's a price break for thursday night.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
hey adam.. dynolabs in marietta off 120loop. 50$ for 3 pulls on a thursday night.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
70 still aint bad..

what time do they usually close on thursdays?

doubt i would be able to drive up there after work and make it on time..

so im assuming their open saturdays as well?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.