8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 civic dx. Was working intermittantly, and not cooling well when it did work. Long story short, new compressor and TXV. Now that I'm trying to recharge it, I have a NEW problem..

Turn on the AC, and the radiator/condenser fans do not come on and clutch does not engage.
-Blower motor works great.
-Evaporator core temp sensor sitting at 6.4Kohms (well under the 24Kohm limit).
-Ruled out all relays in the under hood compartment by swapping them with relays from an identical (working) civic. Swapped the diodes too.
-Also swapped the HVAC control unit with a known working unit.
-thermal protector switch ok (no resistance across pins 1 and 3 of compressor connector - I even bypassed it just to be sure)
-new pressure sensor (a $30 gamble since I was out of ideas)

BUT... I found a problem. There is an open between pin 11 of the hvac control unit connector and pin 1 of the compressor connector. No continuity (see image below). That's a major problem, right? So as a test-fix, I ran a jumper wire from pin 11 wire on the hvac controller connector, allll the way directly to pin 1 on the compressor connector. - and the issue persists! Still no fans or compressor clutch!

I'm stumped! WTH did I break when I changed the compressor and txv?

·
Registered
190 Posts
When restoring a system I have had to jump the pressure system initially to suck in freon so the system will get up to pressure and run normally. Those fans also use the pressure switch i believe so i think that is your problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.