8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to know if it is possible to put a B.O.V on an aftermarket intake shortram or C.A.I. I really like that pshhhhht! sound and i wanted to know if it can be cut into one or is there a mount i can buy and then connect it in.
I know, I know i might get bashed but please lets just try to look passed it. but anyways... Has it been done?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you kidding me? This has to be a joke right? Sorry, but unless you have a real reason for a blow off valve (turbo) I wouldn't recommend it! On a more helpful note (regretfully) I have seen a "fake" blow-off valve noise maker thingy somewhere before. It was electronic and just made the sound. I don't remeber whare I saw it but I'm sure you could search for it somewhere!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
There's one in the LOL pics thread. Look for it in there. Someone actually welded a BOV onto his SRI piping right before the throttle body. I commented on that, so if you want to look through my posts you'll find it.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
not ah good idea my friend tryed it on ah ford probe and it flew out of the intake and fell behind the motor. besides if you want the real sound just save up for the turbo and then get the blow off valve

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
..............................:banghead:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
.......what are you gonna do when people ask you what you got under the hood? are you just gonna tell them that you're stock and you have a fake BOV?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts