8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2 nights ago dave and I tried to install my OEM Fog kit from collegehillshonda on my 06 SI. We got through hooking up all the underdash st00f. relay,switch ect. We wired up the harness into the factory male end that is hidden behind the windshield washer fluid tank. We grounded all and the indicator on the dash worked fine when i pushed the switch, but no foglights came on... we then took a 12v tester and tested the harness that came on the car (not with the kit) and there was no current moving through it.... We then made a makeshift wire and hooked up the lights directly to the battery to make sure the fogs worked and they lit up fine. Does anyone have a clue what is going on?... reminder i have no current coming from the OEM harness that has been on the car since production (behind the Windshield reservoir) so there for when i pluugged in the college hills harness and grounded it i also had no power to the kit and therefor no lights worked... could it be a problem with anything i messed with under the dash? all of the indicators work under the dash and all the lights work as they should (minus the fogs ofcourse) any clues guys?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup 20 amp fuse in slot number 6... pulled it out and checked it too after install and its fine.. also I used Sonick20z3's DIY if that helps!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I take it my suggestion did not help?
The directions I was referring to were the ones from collegehillshonda.com.

Sounds exactly like the problem I had.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If this is the fog lamp kit that requires you to install one or 2 wires into one of the main connectors above the fuse panel, there is a good chance that one of those wires is not fully seated in the connector shell.

This happened to me, and it turned out that I was a little hasty in inserting the wire connector. If you have no voltage on the connector to the pigtail in the front bumper cover, then the blue wire that goes into the main connector is not fully seated.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
mine only has one connector, the red one...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts