8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2007 Si.

The factory sub has plenty of power for me, but the frequency range seems poor. Some songs sound amazing, and some sound like the bass is gone. All of my music is high quality, so I have eliminated that from the problem. Just looking for some more depth to the factory sound, not looking for to "bump" the system so to speak.

Looking to see if there is any viable replacement subwoofer in the factory location.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2007 Si.

The factory sub has plenty of power for me, but the frequency range seems poor. Some songs sound amazing, and some sound like the bass is gone. All of my music is high quality, so I have eliminated that from the problem. Just looking for some more depth to the factory sound, not looking for to "bump" the system so to speak.

Looking to see if there is any viable replacement subwoofer in the factory location.

Thanks,
Ken
Wow I hate this site

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's an 8" open sub.. the crossover and amplification is done in the amplifier not much you can do to change the freq. range.
Maybe deaden the rear deck panel and the trunk walls and floor might buy you a bit of change.

·
Registered
2007 Civic SI
9 Posts
It sounds like you’re looking for just over all better sound quality. You really want a dedicated sub/amp setup. Even a small ported 10” sub will give you what you’re looking for and be night and day over the stock sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts