8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've been trying for much longer then I wanted to admit to find this wire and now I need some help. I'm installing a remote starter and have the DEI wiring diagram for my 2006 Civic EX 4 dr. I'm looking for the factory arm (orange) and disarm wire (brown). DEI doesn't show the location and I have found a couple of vague pictures but I just can't nail it down. Can someone help me out of find me a picture. I'm really not clear either where the MICU is?

My car is apart in the garage as I type this.. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
p89tech,

I'm no expert, but I think you have the wrong side of the fuse box. Your photograph shows the top 42-pin connector on the "front" side of the interior fuse box, where "front" is towards the driver's seat. I found the parking lights wire in this connector, so I'm pretty sure that I am right.

Here is a photograph of the "back" side of the interior fuse box. It show two plugs and the left one looks like a 34-pin plug. Assuming that it is numbered from upper left to lower right from the wire view, there is a brown wire in position 31 and maybe an orange wire in position 32.

I can't get to it to test the brown wire. That's my problem.

Any suggestions?

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
As I recall, I was able to reach up to the wire while laying on my back under the dashboard. I was able slice off a bit of the insulation, just enough to wrap a bare wire around it.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like to take my soldering iron and burn off the plastic to expose the wire, then push it back, then wrap the connecting wire around it. But be careful not to burn any other wires or suff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts