8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find anything about this by searching. Is there a way to disable the factory alarm from arming automatically? I hate running into the gas station with my doors unlocked, coming back out opening my door and my alarm goes off.

Is this the standard way it is programmed, or is something wrong?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
223 Posts
???? Mine don't do that! I have had my window down and lock the door when I get out and come back and reach through the window and unlock it and it goes off.

AHHH!!! Your bug thing made me think there was a bug on my screen. ( looking out of the corner of my eye)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
???? Mine don't do that! I have had my window down and lock the door when I get out and come back and reach through the window and unlock it and it goes off.
Yeah its strange. It happened again to me today. After reading through the manual it says that it arms after so many seconds when the doors are locked from the outside. The thing is mine arms even when the doors are unlocked. Even if I get in my car and close the door, the light starts blinking. If I don't start my car within so many seconds, the alarm will go off when I try to start it. I am puzzled.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it used about 2 months ago. It was a Honda Certified Pre-Owned from the dealer. There was no mention about an alarm installed and I don't have anything mentioning it in the paperwork.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey, I'm sorta reviving this older thread but I experience the same thing the OP is describing. I bought my car used from the guy who originally bought the car. He had the OEM alarm installed at the dealership. I've read the manual for the alarm over and over (it's not very big) and cannot figure out WHY it automatically arms itself even though I have it switched to "manual arming mode". It's effing frustrating. It's so damn frustrating. Does anyone think the dealership could've wired it incorrectly?

·
Registered
148 Posts
OP, why does that bother you so much? I'd think that auto-arming like that would be beneficial to you since that discourages people from trying to eff with your car while you run inside a gas station.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm sorta reviving this older thread but I experience the same thing the OP is describing. I bought my car used from the guy who originally bought the car. He had the OEM alarm installed at the dealership. I've read the manual for the alarm over and over (it's not very big) and cannot figure out WHY it automatically arms itself even though I have it switched to "manual arming mode". It's effing frustrating. It's so damn frustrating. Does anyone think the dealership could've wired it incorrectly?
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem with my wife's 2006 Civic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue? Started getting this same problem this week with my 2008 Civic hybrid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, have the same issue, just started on my 2006 Civic EX 1.8

Have tried the method in the link posted by Pharoan (several times) but it didn't work - subsequently found a link to the same doc as a pdf and it's titled "HONDA Security System Operating Instructions (CR-V 02-06, Pilot 05-07, and Element 03-07).pdf" so I suspect it doesn't work with the Civics - unless someone else has had success with the above method.

Anybody have any other ideas/thoughts I can try ?

Cheers,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts