8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to change the front end... I didn't really like the fake chrome all that much.

I order the parts from College Hills Honda. I ordered all their recommended parts. Except the plastic clips I didn't need to use them, not sure if its cuz its a hybrid or what.

I used a Dremel tool and removed the mount for the SI badge. All in all it took ~1hrs work start to finish... pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i'll have pics of my hybrid with hfp kit, carbon fiber hood and trunk, and Si grille up in a couple weeks when the kit and CF gets put on.
stay tuned!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll have pics of my hybrid with hfp kit, carbon fiber hood and trunk, and Si grille up in a couple weeks when the kit and CF gets put on.
stay tuned!

Sounds nice... post pics when ur done. I'd be interested in ur wheels.

I have SI wheels, and leaning twords some Falken 512's, but may not happen till after winter or I get motivated enough.. lol.

So far I have:

SI front/rear swaybars
SI front/rear suspension
SI grill
SI wheels (to be installed sometime soon)

and thinking on installing the SI cat back... its suppose to help in MPG.

So far I'd got to say its a much better car, now IMO. Not to mention I do get ~47+ MPG in my daily driving and I tend to drive ~5-10 above speed limits.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Any advice on buying wheels that you can give me would be great. I just had some winter tires put on the HCH wheels, they will be my **** winter wheels. Come spring i will buy a new set of wheels and tires. I am thinking 17" and obviously very lightweight, but i am not too sure other than that.
I am also considering switching out the exhaust, but am still looking for some solid proof that it will help with the mileage, same thing with an air intake.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I decided to change the front end... I didn't really like the fake chrome all that much.

I order the parts from College Hills Honda. I ordered all their recommended parts. Except the plastic clips I didn't need to use them, not sure if its cuz its a hybrid or what.

I used a Dremel tool and removed the mount for the SI badge. All in all it took ~1hrs work start to finish... pretty easy.

Hello,

Just acquired a 07 HCH with Navi. I am interested in what you did with the SI gear. I am trying to understand what you did with the front grill. Do you have any pictures or a link for them? Also what is required for the conversion to SI suspension as I considered an SI sedan before the HCH.

Thanks and have a great new year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts