8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im dissappointed to say that my best time so far in my stock FA5 si is a 15.8 around 88 or 89 mph. i want to know how you other fellow si drivers are doing in your FA5, Oh yeah i had about 2800 miles on the odom when i took it to the crappy track here where i live. Also what works best for you guys to drop your times? sometimes i think i might have one of those low output si's but i have kept up with a g35 just behind its door, and i have beat a new gti, but then i have lost to a 4dr gsr with intake and open header, a crx with what had to be a b16. Well post em up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't know much about older hondas but the crx is practically a go kart so its got to be light as **** and with a descent engine they have to be somewhat quick...

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
ive seen a fa5 keep up with and beat a 94 hatch with a turbo'd d16, but it only beat the hatch when the right person was driving it. the hatch ran about 14.8 fastest but slowest was 15.5 so put the fa5 in there somewhere.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hhmmm....maybe i need to let my motor break in more or find a better track cause i am stumped on how these others get your FA5 into the 14s

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Have you done your first oil change yet? I felt that the engine seemed to rev alittle better after my first oil change but then again it could have been a combination of the oil change & the fact that I changed to synthetic(Royal Purple). I've also read that the engine doesn't seem to make "full" power until after 10k miles for some people which would be after the second oil change. I guess I'll have to wait till then to find out because I only have 6900 miles on my FA5 but I've also installed a BCRH & BC Pro spec catback(it's for sale).

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes the the 4dr SI came out for the 07 model yr. i ran my 07 SI at Los Angeles County Raceway (2600ft). i had about 550 miles on it and ran the best time of [email protected]<------ at sea level its around 15.3 :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i guess that makes sense and i was thinking that as well that i need to let the motor break in more. and i was running around those times as you gszam so i guess i need to drive more which i sure dont mind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to the track after each set of mods.

Stock, the average run was 15.2

Intake and Exhaust was 14.9

Intake,exhaust,rt hiflow cat, reflash was 14.5

Launching and shifting is very important.

I power shifted, never taking my foot off of the gas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when you were powershifting how was clutch work did you feather it off the line and a litttle in between shifts or were you just popping it the whole time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
gszam said:
yes the the 4dr SI came out for the 07 model yr. i ran my 07 SI at Los Angeles County Raceway (2600ft). i had about 550 miles on it and ran the best time of [email protected]<------ at sea level its around 15.3 :(
it was in 2006, a little early for an 07 model to be released.. but i guess not.

i think it was 4/06

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The best time I've had in my Sidan was a 15.2 w/ 2.5 60ft and a 94 mph trap when I only had 400 miles on it. It was cool out and I had stock tire pressure. Launched around 3500, but haven't been able to break 15.5 since. I went to the track about a month ago and times sucked but it was about 92 out and 100% humidity and I had some shitty food city gas in the car and the ***** wouldnt even trap 90 and I was even power shifting and launching around 5k with my tire pressure around 22 but my 60ft times went down to 2.3, it was weird, like the car hit a wall at 85.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
My best time was 14.9 w/ a 60' of 2.4 (crappy launches). I have a flowmaster muffler only, i dunno if it actually helps w/ power, sounds nice tho ;). A word of advice:

NEVER TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE THROTTLE UNTIL YOU FINISH

If you hit 2nd @ 8200 RPM you will fall down to 5500 RPM, well below vtec HP gain (6300ish), lose 40 HP for 1 second and run 15's. If you full-throttle shift you'll spin the tires enough to keep your RPMs up. Watch your tach, if you dont go below 6k into 2nd your shifting fine.

Also for this stubborn 2nd gear you have to make sure you plant the clutch to the floor for this shift. It'll grind if the clutch is even 1% engaged.

Also what were your 60 footer times?
If i could get mine down to under 2.3 i should be hittin 14.7 easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts