8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for about 7k miles ive been riding on stock shocks with tein s techs. Ive noticed the ride quality has been getting worse, and now it just sucks. I want to keep the drop but imporve the ride quality. What would be my best bet here? Hfp shocks (are they going to just blow like the stock ones?) or does koni or tokico make aftermarket shocks for the 06+ civic? any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
when u live in new jersey and the roads out here forget it might as well just put your car in a crater haha dont get me wrong there are alot of smooth areas but majority of the city area is just a diaster so its def harder on the cars

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
This is exactly why I im'd Greg before spending money on this stuff :thumb:

I'd highly recommend meeting up with him and letting him give some advice, this guy knows his car stuff like no one else on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
TOKICO HP's would be a good alternative to OE shocks since they are designed to work with a lowering spring and are valved more aggressively than the stock damper.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i have had the s techs for 26 thousand miles and im good. and arkansas roads are pure ****. thats y our gas is so cheap. anyways. i would like to know as well. i was thinking the tokiko's but i was kinda wanting one adjustable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts