8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just confused as to how much I should be paying for a stock FA5. The general pattern I'm seeing in Georgia (US) is 8k for moderate miles say 160k. Near 10k for closer to 110k. Any si cheaper is usually a coupe or beat up sedan. Then I come across a 2007 si with 165,000 miles for $6,500. This all being on Craigslist. I wanted lower miles but this seemed like a good deal. I was ready to jump on this until I checked KBB. The private party value being $4,845 on average for 165k miles in "good" condition. Are all the listings in my area over priced or should I just start saving up and be prepared to Shell out over 8 grand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just recently picked up a civic si after being in the market for one for a while. My findings were similar to yours in that prices spanned from 4-11k with anywhere from low to high 100k miles. Sedans seemed to be cheaper than coupes. This is in Houston, TX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It really depends on your location. Here in CA prices for 100-150k miles are ranging from $9-$11k, in great/good condition.

KBB private party price for the SI only applies to a banged up, sell as is car. No SI owner is going to want to sell their car for that low, because these cars are still popular as hell. If you can find a great condition, decent mileage SI for 7-8k pick it up asap.

The clean ones are out there somewhere. Just keep looking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought my FA5 with 83k for 11k last month in NYC. I have seen 07-08's go for as low as 6k for like a Habanero Red and a Galaxy Gray with some clearcoat issues. Best prices I saw were on CL versus on Autotrader where delareships and personal sellers are selling for over 8k for cars well over 100k. Beats me man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought my '09 Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic for $8500 from a used car lot in the Bay Area, CA. 134k miles at the time with minor cosmetic flaws (small scratches and the roof was starting to fade.) Also it needed new tires so that was another $500.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's makes me sad that the price on these has fallen so much. My '09 sedan sits in the garage 95% of the time since I got my S2000. Full bolt ons, koni shocks all around, all new brakes, clutch, suspension bushings. Has 116k miles but drives and looks like it has 16k. Ceramic coat on the paint, looks like new other than a few minor blemishes. Not a single door ding anywhere.

Book value is like $6-7k. For that much, it can sit in my garage getting under 5k miles a year as it's been the last few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the Charlotte area I looked for si's for awhile everyone that has a price 1500-2000 over PP kbb didn't sell at all a few low mi that were close to book sold but not fast, I paid $6800 for a black stock '10 with 96,500 mi clear title paint isn't perfect but looks good enough for me, interior is really clean, it's a southern car so no rust at all and a 4th gear grind sometimes. As far as value in my opinion right around kbb pp seems to be the selling price, if something was really low mi and spotless pay a little more if it needs work factor the worst case price of repair in the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a clean 2008 FA5 with 78,500 miles for $11k in Richmond, VA about a month ago. Was about $1.5k over KBB, but it was worth it for such a low mileage and unmolested (all stock except CD player) 2008.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got really lucky and just picked up my 07 FA5 with 81,500 miles for $7k yesterday near Seattle, WA. Good condition (small cosmetic defects) and bone stock. The market around Seattle was generally $8k+ for cars with 120k+ miles. I did notice that Coupes were much more common for sale and for cheaper

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently got mine for 5000. Here in SoCal, there's a few 07-08s. Up in Norcal you'll find some good looking ones for a good price

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts