8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
woo, I love that look louie. I have an 08 and I definitely like the look of the 09 honeycomb grill a lot better, indifferent on the bumper though. Just wish you could swap out the 09 grill without having to do a whole bumper swap as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys im not 100% sure if this topic was talked about in 23 pages but i need a new front bumper for my 07 SI sedan and i was thinking of doing to 09 SI front end and thought of what if i could do an 09 SI coupe conversion to my 07 Si sedan just to be different. im not sure if it has been done ive searched and have come up empty nothing on here about anyone doing this mod if anyone can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated thank you very much ahead of time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had to look through the entire thread to get the right parts, was missing little pieces here and there. I'm excited... Hopefully it turns out good, esp w/ the asia front lip :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
just to make sure.. there is NO modification needed correct? I have insurance paying for my front end to be replaced from a wreck. I just got off the phone with the auto shop and they said there is no problem with them ordering the 09 front end as long as it is just plug and play

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm in the process of doing the conversion. question, my bro cut the clips that hold the bottom mid grill and put a mesh. If i purchase the stock bottom grill can I secure the grill to the bumper with jb weld and will it look and sit well?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just did the conversion, did it with an eBay bumper and upper grill along with oem Honda lower center grill and outer grills. Fitment on everything was great. Topped it off with a JDM emblem and eBay "Mugen" grill. Just need to order the Si emblem...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah I noticed a couple DIY threads that are missing photos now. It's like this forum is dying. :( Don't die... I miss the old EPhatch.com when I had my egg civic.

Anywho, I wish someone would put another carpet removal diy :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just finished my over the weekend; well I still have to get the two fender liner pieces that connect the liner to the 09-11 bumper but I got the bumper painted NHBP, using a Berlina black grill.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quick question, have anyone bought this kind of bumper off from the ebay?

2009 2010 2011 Honda Civic Sedan Front Bumper Painted NH701 Galaxy Gray Metallic | eBay

I am worry that it is not going to fit to my 2007 sedan and I really need to get it paint. Is that a really a rip off deal b/c I already got the two grille set (black thingy and the trim), fog light, lower grille, and the honda emblem from my friend.
Thats a pretty steep price for just the bumper cover thats not even OEM.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used that company, comes prepainted and fit very nicely. Matched up with all my OEM Honda parts I bought along for the swap. Of course I had them paint it NHBP as there are no NHBP 09+ ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just did my 2007 sedan

Bumper - Keystone platinum plus $95
Upper grille - ebay $35 (aftermarket)
Grille trim $27 (aftermarket)
Lower grille I'm getting from Honda around $40
Ebay fog lights for $45 (cheaper than the grille inserts)
Also need H emblem and Si emblem (but I'm just making my old Si emblem work)

I still need to get the lower spoiler pieces and wheelwell liners and a new splash guard since mine is wrecked.

aftermarket upper grille I think it looks just as good and it fits from seller get_it_fast_now on eBay

Grille trim fits perfect, it's not painted though so a painted one from Honda for $90 ish isn't so bad in comparison. I'm probably wrapping mine in vinyl. from seller carpartswholesale on eBay

Bumper from Bumper to Bumper store local $95 I was guaranteed it would fit perfect or I could bring it back. Mine fit perfectly

441 - 460 of 472 Posts
About this Discussion
471 Replies
203 Participants
Kewkat
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing