8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To end all threads started about how to, or what is needed to convert your 06-08 front end to an 09+; I have compiled a list of things that you will need along with part #'s. If I didn't list a particular part its b/c it is re-usable from your current bumper.

All part numbers where taken from Hondapartsdeals (which is where i bought all my parts)

Just for reference 06-08 + 09 FA's have the same head lights & fenders! (i.e. driver side fender part# 6026SNAA9zz). The Headlights have different part #'s b/c of the clear corners.

Here are a list of parts for the grill:

Here is a list of parts for the Bumper:

Whats missing: Left and right Grill inserts (couldn't find the part number but you can still order it. its #3 & 5 on the illustration which replaces the si fog lights)

You can expect this conversion to cost anywhere from $600-$1200 depending on where you buy the parts and who does the work.

Enjoy :thumb:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Not sure if I'm feeling the color matched grill yet...

More pics page 3 post 55

ortivt6's conversion:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

speedi_65's conversion:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

AVAILABLE FRONT LIPS:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/125854-09-civic-front-lip-spoiler-thread.html

Coupe 09+ Conversion Info:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/202813-06-coupe-front-end-swap.html

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry nothing comes painted.
as far as price your looking at somewhere between $600-$1200 depending on where you buy the parts and who does the work.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I am doing research as well and this part came back as the same part number when referenced from HondaPartsDeals:

2318779-------003-------------1--------COVER, FR. GRILLE

2007/ 2009
71125-SNA-A00/ 71125-SNA-A00.....COVER, FR. GRILLE

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
So Hondapartsdeals.com, the total comes out to be $412.70 (plus shipping). I didn't opt for the $13 "H" emblem as most people tear it off anyways, and you can probably reuse your old one if you want.

Unfortunately.. that's a lot imo for just the parts. Probably be around $700 when all is said and done.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I am confused on how many #34 and #35s are needed for the Front Bumper.

You show that 6 #35s (they are a tiny bit longer than the #34s) are used, but I think only 2 are. The rest is #34s...not sure how many though. Some connect the spolier(s) to the bumper and some connect bumper to the splash shield (not shown on your pictures).

Not sure if more are required if re-using parts, if needed.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't opt for the $13 "H" emblem as most people tear it off anyways, and you can probably reuse your old one if you want.
the new H emblem has a different part # and seems to be slightly bigger but i will confirm once everything is installed

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am confused on how many #34 and #35s are needed for the Front Bumper.

You show that 6 #35s (they are a tiny bit longer than the #34s) are used, but I think only 2 are. The rest is #34s...not sure how many though. Some connect the spolier(s) to the bumper and some connect bumper to the splash shield (not shown on your pictures).

Not sure if more are required if re-using parts, if needed.
a lot of the bumper clips and etc are interchangeable b/w our current bumpers and the new one.

Again I am not 100% sure on this and i will update the thread once i finish my front end along w/ pictures

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
So Hondapartsdeals.com, the total comes out to be $412.70 (plus shipping). I didn't opt for the $13 "H" emblem as most people tear it off anyways, and you can probably reuse your old one if you want.

Unfortunately.. that's a lot imo for just the parts. Probably be around $700 when all is said and done.
Was that just for the bumper? ...I got a total of $600.86 (plus shipping) for grille assembly and bumper assembly. I used the non-si grille inserts for where the fogs go on the Si... ~$68. No sure if I want fogs on my FA5 or not. That was without the "H" emblem and I added the Si emblem because the part numbers were different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice

Nice post. One question, I have an 08 FG2 all I really like is the grill on the 09's can I swap JUST the grill and leave the front bumper the same??

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice post. One question, I have an 08 FG2 all I really like is the grill on the 09's can I swap JUST the grill and leave the front bumper the same??
sorry. you would have to change the bumper and grill.

the bumper from the 09 has actually changed, the top portion of the bumper is shaped differently to accomidate the larger grill.

1 - 20 of 472 Posts