8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:pat:

I was on my way to Souper Salad today and traffic was backed up for a good while.. When we finally found out why traffic was backed up I couldn't believe it, it was an 8th gen sedan stuck on a ledge with the back end up in the air. On a different note, the 'lude next to it was pretty nice. :laughing:

*sorry for the quality & size, they're cell phone pics and I just loaded them up to tinypic (ironic). I've never been so happy to be stuck at a light before, I had just enough time to lean out the passenger window and snap a couple of pics.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02civicsi said:
Is this in FL because it looks like an FHP in the road?
No, this is in Ft. Worth, Tx in the Hulen area.

The only answers that I can come up with are either she had a manual and forgot that it was in first when she started the car and came off the clutch, or she had it in drive and accidentally hit the gas while parking. Either way, no bueno.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, this is offtopic but.. Does anyone else notice how damn close that chevy is to my a$$?!?? That SOB would not back off. Sucks too, because it was thick traffic and I was on a sort of steep hill for a period of time, all of which was spent trying to get that bastard off my back bumper. I had to have come within an inch more than once rolling backwards just to get my point across to back off.

*In the state of Texas if a person in a m/t car rolls back into the person behind them because the follower is too close, it is the followers fault. God Bless Texas.

·
Registered
106 Posts
firmhonda said:
*In the state of Texas if a person in a m/t car rolls back into the person behind them because the follower is too close, it is the followers fault. God Bless Texas.
I did not know this! This is good news! I thought it only applied if you were both moving and you know... this is good. I encounter tailgaters almost everyday, very annoying.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
8GenSi said:
I did not know this! This is good news! I thought it only applied if you were both moving and you know... this is good. I encounter tailgaters almost everyday, very annoying.
Do know that this doesn't apply to rolling back 10 feet or anything, or if witnesses say that you were driving carelessly and just rolled into their ride. But if it's simply because they're inches away and it's unavoidable then yeah, it's their fault.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^I know, it's like Tony Hawk's Underground with a civic.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^oh, you know it was.. lol.

She was just standing there and looking at it too, almost as if she was proud for what she had done. If my car stopped traffic on one of the busiest streets in Hulen around 4 pm, I'd be gone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts