8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for stuff, I prob didnt look in the right places etc.... but wtv, keep the comments out plz

So, im wondering what the difference are btw the s/c and t/c kits available for our cars are (6th gen civic si)

so i'm looking for some info on whp capabilities, reliability, etc.

S/C
Jackson Racing
CT engineering

T/C
Greddy
TSI
AJP

add some plz and for the owners of these kits please post some facts. I'm having trouble deciding on which route to take, hopefully this can help me a bit. (Thread idea from RSX club).

thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
First of all, "our cars" are 8th generation Civics. At least, that's what the main focus of this forum is.

This has been covered numerous times. Definitely look around more and you'll see. The basics: s/c=reliable, linear powerband, and you don't have to get it tuned (just ecu reflash). T/C=more power/torque potential (+ upgrades and new tunes), needs a knowledgeable tuner to get reliable power, tends to be more costly.

As for s/c's, both kits are high quality and perform well. There are some slight differences though (read around more). Greddy might be the most popular kit around here and through different tunes and setups, members have had very successful power gains. AJP is a bit pricier and despite some negative comments about them, there are still many people who have the kit and haven't had problems (also putting down lots of power).

Again, keep reading the forced induction section more. There's a lot to be learned from just reading through it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.