8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any ideas on how this guy got his rear quarter panel to flare out like this? I'm assuming he shaved the inner wheel well and got the clearance to roll the panel out more because there's no way he rolled it out that much without having the wheel well structure get in the way.

Even though its pulled pretty far it imo doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah I'm guessing they must've cut out some of the wheel well to make this happen. The rear wheel well of our cars are notorious for buckling and turning to bacon when rolling which I think is mostly due to people rolling with too steep of an angle. If you could get the fender roller to lay flat on the inside of the wheel arch and then apply pressure more perpendicular to the fender (and take your time) I would think it's possible to get more of a clean flair. But I had never seen it pulled off well before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm guessing they must've cut out some of the wheel well to make this happen. The rear wheel well of our cars are notorious for buckling and turning to bacon when rolling which I think is mostly due to people rolling with too steep of an angle. If you could get the fender roller to lay flat on the inside of the wheel arch and then apply pressure more perpendicular to the fender (and take your time) I would think it's possible to get more of a clean flair. But I had never seen it pulled off well before.
Yea I’ve seen plenty of bacon because of that wheel well, he probably only got it that smooth from bypassing it, might think of doing something like this to get some fatter wheels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts