8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this to those who have had/will have their Hood respayed, Honda is having a Extension on the Civic Hood/fenders paint that are starting to crack and have clear coat cracks... i was one of the Mugen Si who got a new resprayed Hood...

the Paint codes are Nighthawk Black Pearl/Crystal Black Pearl/ and Fiji Blue Pearl Blue that are on recall/warranty extension

Attach File...

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just wanted to share this to those who have had/will have their Hood respayed, Honda is having a Extension on the Civic Hood/fenders paint that are starting to crack and have clear coat cracks... i was one of the Mugen Si who got a new resprayed Hood...

the Paint codes are Nighthawk Black Pearl/Crystal Black Pearl/ and Fiji Blue Pearl Blue that are on recall/warranty extension

Attach File...
Nicely done:clapping:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was happy to receive my letter. However, I think the issue with this paint is more severe than they believe. Mine, a 2009 has fade/blistering spots on the roof, trunk, and starting on the spoiler. Never have I seen a cars paint do this so quickly. Just got rid of a 99 Ford Explorer and a 2001 Civic EX which both had the original paint and both paint jobs were in better shape than my 2009 si.

I'm waiting for a sales person to call me back now. Hopefully they will do something for me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yay i went in to have my visor replace free because a recall n now i get the opportunity to get the hood fix free paint job.. But ill wait till after winter .. They told me it was fine...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was happy to receive my letter. However, I think the issue with this paint is more severe than they believe. Mine, a 2009 has fade/blistering spots on the roof, trunk, and starting on the spoiler. Never have I seen a cars paint do this so quickly. Just got rid of a 99 Ford Explorer and a 2001 Civic EX which both had the original paint and both paint jobs were in better shape than my 2009 si.

I'm waiting for a sales person to call me back now. Hopefully they will do something for me.
Theres no reason they can't do anything for you. The bulletin for honda, which i managed to grab a copy of, states it extends the warranty 6 months from the date in which you receive it, but the letter states its extended 7 years.

The only problem is the letter states its only the hood and upper fenders are the effected areas. My roof is starting to show signs of fading, and i wish they would cover that too. This has been a problem on honda's darker colors for years. My brothers galaxy grey metallic shows the crows feet, but i dont think honda will cover it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2008 Civic in Galaxy Gray Metallic that has the paint defect on the hood and I am beyond warranty in terms of miles. I wrote a letter to Honda asking them to expand the extended warranty coverage per the bulletin to this color also. I received a prompt telephone call from them but bottom line is they politely refused to do so. Anyone with the defect on a color that is not covered under the current campaign who wants to write a complaint letter to Honda, please contact me and I'll share my letter with you. if they receive enough complaints perhaps we can move them off the mark. I see no justifiable rational reason for Honda limiting this remedy only to specific colors.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
^^ I'm with ya there buddy, i'm also galaxy grey metallic and have the same crow's feet and pathetic roof defects. Send me the letter :D

I literally don't see why colors that are "not covered" but have identical issues wouldn't be fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bunch of bs that they are only covering those 3 colors. I have a silver one, and the clear coat just started cracking on my roof. My car is an 06.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with what was said above that the paint issue is more than the hood and fenders. I have the crow’s feet on the roof just in front of the sun roof.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Got mine fixed already. Took a couple days, they soda blasted the hood and blended the fenders. Doesn't look bad at all.

Replied from a Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
279 Posts
I also have a 08 galaxy gray with a fading roof paint. It looks worse than my 99 accord.
I'm in your boat lol. My 99 explorer I just got rid of looked like it had much newer paint than my 09 crystal black pearl. The local dealers have pretty much told me to deal with it because everything outside of the hood and fenders isn't covered beyond 3 years/36,000 miles. I'm about to start climbing up the ladder and maybe going as far as facebook spamming them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guy I got a letter in the mail few week back about a paint warranty extension, and notice that my hood has been cracking so I decide too take it to Nelson Honda in El Monte.
They sent it to Fix Auto " l" Monty body shop And Nelson Honda took really good care of me and Fix Auto "l" Monty did a great job on my on si it looks better then before!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm in your boat lol. My 99 explorer I just got rid of looked like it had much newer paint than my 09 crystal black pearl. The local dealers have pretty much told me to deal with it because everything outside of the hood and fenders isn't covered beyond 3 years/36,000 miles. I'm about to start climbing up the ladder and maybe going as far as facebook spamming them.
I suggest u talk to their regional manager and tell them what's going on that's what I did and I got my roof covered I went to rock Honda in Fontana so if ur wiling to drive and take it there it's worth a shot since mine looks awesome in the paint match

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
215 Posts
I suggest u talk to their regional manager and tell them what's going on that's what I did and I got my roof covered I went to rock Honda in Fontana so if ur anywhere close that place is worth the shot ... Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roof fading

Anyone have any luck with getting roof painted from fading clear coat? Mine is fading in 5 different spots and Honda refuses to cover it. Very Disappointing. Recently had hood and fenders painted. My car is a 2007 Civic Si NHBP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone have any luck with getting roof painted from fading clear coat? Mine is fading in 5 different spots and Honda refuses to cover it. Very Disappointing. Recently had hood and fenders painted. My car is a 2007 Civic Si NHBP.
I'm taking my Habanero Red Pearl Sedan in this friday for them to inspect.It has the crows feet on the hood and the roof is starting to fade towards the rear NAV antenna.I'm fairly sure I will be told I'm not covered at which point I'm joining in on the class action lawsuit against them. A 07 Si with only 62,xxx miles washed and waxed atleast every 2 weeks should not be having these issues

1 - 20 of 547 Posts