8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, the WEIRDEST thing happened to me this morning...my car is sitting in the garage (keep in mind we got a huge amount of snow the night before) and I have my foot firmly on the cluth. I turn my key and my car sounds like its about to start then it makes a weird metal grinding, popping sound and it stopped...I turned the key back and tried again and it was fine...anybody have the same issue or have any idea what could have happened?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
that wouldn't have anything to do with snow. mabe the cold weather took a toll on your battery and the first turn of the key it didn't jucie u'r starter.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no clue..my car is completely stock except for the p2r spacer and gaskets..but a friend of mine said not to turn the key quickly but to let it sit at the 2nd function then start it..mind you he has an srt 8 so totally different car lol..it literally scared the **** out of me..it only has 26000 kms exactly and I don't want to take it to the dealer because it only happened once

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
starter sprocket missed the flywheel teeth and just grinded/pinged against it and went back into place? thats my best bet, used to happen all the time in my shitty rx7.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
its just a silly thing where the starter gear gets a half a tooth off from the flywheel, so when it goes out to "spin the flywheel", it spins and bangs against the side of it instead of getting the teeth lined up and turning the motor over.

you dont need to take it in unless it happens A LOT(2/5 times you try to start)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts