8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Experiences with USA Spec iPod PA15-HON2 Interface non-navi?

Looking to get the USA Spec iPod PA15-HON2 Interface for use with my 07 EX non-Navi nad iPhone 3G. Any body else have and experience with it? Supposedly works with the iPhone 3G now as well as displays text on the display. have some store credit at Crutchfield and a coupon so thinking about getting it to cut down on clutter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just recently installed this in my '06 EX non-nav.

Installation is ridiculously simple. The dash comes apart in a few minutes (1 screw and 2 bolts!) and the wiring harnesses all plug in quite simply. I mounted the PA15-HON2 to the frame directly underneath the factory HU, so it is completely invisible.

I have it set to enable both playlist and direct modes. The interface is a little weird and takes learning. The controls as marked on the stock HU do not function the same for the iPod adapter. For example, to toggle Random on the iPod, you press "2", but the random button on the stock HU is "3". The CH+/- controls on the steering wheel work for switching songs, but the same controls on the HU change "channels" (ie: scroll through the playlist and function options), while you must use the tuning knob to change songs. Weird stuff like that.

Some of the controls are a bit laggy. I do like that the HU finally displays track or artist info, though I still wish it would scroll.

I have run into an issue where the unit is not charging my video iPod. My previous USA Spec adapter did this without problems, so I'm not sure why the new one will not. I've sent them an email... we'll see what they say. If they fix that issue, then I give the whole thing an 8 out of 10. If they can't or won't, then it gets returned. I'll update this when that issue is concluded.

·
Registered
827 Posts
NoiseGoth.. I just got one in my Si (premium non-nav) today.. put in a thread here.

Q1:
I assume your dip settings are in section 3-2 of the manual for the PA15-HON2?
2 - off, 3 - on, 4 - on
Correct?

Q2:
Playlist switching and Text on the screen working ok, etc?

... Old thread, yes I know. sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.