8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking for a good quiet exhaust, i want it to kinda sound about as loud as a stock 350z, i know it wont have the tone of that since its a V-6 but about that loud, i dont want it to drone at all since i do all hwy driving.

What would be a good quiet exhaust for me, those of you who have had exhausts on your older model civic's

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well there are 2 mufflers under there, Borla always makes a nice sounding muffler. You looking to just add sound or performance too?

Because exhuast shops around where I live are a dime a dozen and you could roll into some place and just explain to them what you want and they would have something in mine.

I've been curious as to what it would sound like with just 1 of the mufflers deleted.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
the first "muffler" is generally just a resinator. There is a slight difference, but you can have any decent muffler shop chop out the first one.... I just did that on my integra, it sounds much better, it really isn't to loud, and you can only tell if you hit VTEC at 4400 RPMS.

·
Registered
436 Posts
am only into qiet exhausts. i only put the apexi WSII on my cars.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jdm8thgen said:
am only into qiet exhausts. i only put the apexi WSII on my cars.

How do they sound, like ive heard that you cant even hear those, i want something a little louder than stock so i can hear it when accelerating, but not like anything louder than a Stock 350Z, and no drone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
06Ex said:
How do they sound, like ive heard that you cant even hear those, i want something a little louder than stock so i can hear it when accelerating, but not like anything louder than a Stock 350Z, and no drone.
u only here this exhaust down low. then above 3000rpm u start to here intake. im not into the rice can exhausts. i had apexi N1's on my s2000 but the car needs some loud exhause to match the engine screaming at 9k. the ws is deep like a stock 350z or cl-s 6spd that i had.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdm8thgen said:
u only here this exhaust down low. then above 3000rpm u start to here intake. im not into the rice can exhausts. i had apexi N1's on my s2000 but the car needs some loud exhause to match the engine screaming at 9k. the ws is deep like a stock 350z or cl-s 6spd that i had.
So its not much louder than a 350, but its pretty deep?

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone know any other good quiet exhausts?

·
Registered
436 Posts
06Ex said:
So its not much louder than a 350, but its pretty deep?
no. its very nice quiet exaust. 06ex the greddy SP2 is quiet too.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Remus makes great exhausts too. I have one on my Legend, which was recommending by other Legend owners and it's a really great, grown-up sounding exhaust; barely audible at low RPM but a deep (but not loud) growl at higher RPMs. I'm thinking of putting one on the Si when I finally get it. I was going to go with an HKS carbon titanium unit but they are too loud for my tastes. Anybody have any experience with 5zigen?

·
Registered
436 Posts
06Ex said:
the APEXI WS also can be bought with just the muffler too. the catback is about 380.00 at the right shop. the axleback is 280.00. so not bad. im getting catback. the ws adds more midrange power...unlike the n1 which is all topend.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should i get a WS or WSII, What is the difference between them

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone know???

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang, nobody knows the difference between WSI and WSII apexi exhausts?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Most of the time I see older Civics on the road, they have crappy mufflers put on them and it really sounds horrible. I've never really seen a Civic with a good exhaust setup so my question is, can a good sound be had? Or do they all end up sounding crappy because it's a 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would check out the RS*R Ex-Mag. Its a catback and the muffler has a tip, not like a huge can. Its also pretty quite with a nice deep tone.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
civicdude06 said:
Most of the time I see older Civics on the road, they have crappy mufflers put on them and it really sounds horrible. I've never really seen a Civic with a good exhaust setup so my question is, can a good sound be had? Or do they all end up sounding crappy because it's a 4 cylinder?

Yes, but it cost money and it will never sound like a V8. If you get a turbo, you can have HKS turbo cam put on and it will get a lumpy sound, like a stock STi, kind of harley ish, but still not like a V8. Inline style engines just can't sound like a V style.

RS*R is a good brand, I like the way theirs sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts