8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. im looking for a suitable exhaust for me and i cant seem to find something i like. i used to have the greddy Evo2 on my car and i loved it, it was just too quiet so i sold it and bought the skunk2 70mm. big difference in volume, but is way too damn loud. now i have the skunk2 off and going to get rid of it. now im trying to find something in the middle for volume but still has a good low tone and wont get on my nerves and drone me out. im thinking i should have just kept the evo2. but can anyone help me.:pray:

·
Registered
300 Posts
K20 or R18?

I'm getting a Vibrant RH, Vibrant catback with extra resonator and a Hytech twin loop muffler this summer, should be an interesting combo...

Vibrant is really nice, I'd suggest that.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont like the look of the ti-c though. not digging the big canister sticking out like that. just my opinion. and its fg2 k20. and ive checked into the vibrant but i hear its damn near as loud as the skunk2 70mm.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the invidia looks just like the skunk2 though and im sure is still pretty loud. same for all the others. im sure they are still really loud. is the skunk2 70mm the loudest catback for our car?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im sure that would prob sound great but i already owned the evo2 and could punch myself for selling it. should have just put a header on and kept it. how about the HKS with a header?

·
Registered
323 Posts
buddy pro spec exhaust or back to evo2 w/ header, my plans are evo2 with comptech header or megan header..sounds sweet to me

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea im thinking about running the Hks with header w/ out cat or maybe even with cat not sure yet. and i may run short megan with factory downpipe to the HKS. i know running a shorty wont make much of a difference but i might do it anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an Invida catback. Its probably the best sounding kit IMO. Not too loud for DD but when you get on the gas, it sounds so awesome.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
if skunk2 70mm is too loud for you try the 60mm :thumb: i have 60mm and love it to death, i get a lot compliments about my exhaust.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
to answer ur question from earlier about skunk2 70mm being the loudest for the k20, yes it is the loudest exhaust for the k20 lol.

u could try wut 7002i said, to try the skunk2 60mm if u liked the sound of the 70mm just not the volume haha

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
possibly. i would have to hear it in person. cause i know the skunk2 is gonna be loud no matter what. plus id like to have a header too and the 60mm with a header is prob just as loud as the 70mm without a header.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea not so sure about the apexi though. i like the vibrant and im still considering it. idk hard decision.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts