8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows a thing or 2 about them in terms of good ones to junk? Originally I wanted to get the skunk 2 but recently thought of maybe just changing the tip bc it seems like a simple idea and a lot cheaper to do. But anyways was wondering about the big names that where out there? I was able to narrow down my choices by looking through the exhaust pages not much on just the tips. Not exactly the direction I wanted to take but for now seemed like something I could get done quicker while using that money for the other small things I wanted. Not looking for that fart cannon noise hahaha hopefully there's some stuff out there.

If anyones currently using one how do u find it compared to a full one

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows a thing or 2 about them in terms of good ones to junk? Originally I wanted to get the skunk 2 but recently thought of maybe just changing the tip bc it seems like a simple idea and a lot cheaper to do. But anyways was wondering about the big names that where out there? I was able to narrow down my choices by looking through the exhaust pages not much on just the tips. Not exactly the direction I wanted to take but for now seemed like something I could get done quicker while using that money for the other small things I wanted. Not looking for that fart cannon noise hahaha hopefully there's some stuff out there.

If anyones currently using one how do u find it compared to a full one
Theres not much name brands out there for just exhaust tips. You can check out Lordco for Magnaflow tips, I would rather go for an OEM Si tip, or better yet an OEM Si axle back..Jbsali has one for sale.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The closest thing to a "tip" that your going to get is an axelback exhaust. I suggest the HFP axelback. HFP stands for honda factory performance. Pretty pricey, but its worth it if you want the quality of oem parts. Plus its not much louder than stock unless you open it up. You could just get a muffler shop to weld on a tip but thats ricey imo.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
might be parting out my car. gonna start saving up for a house... let me know if you wanna buy my skunk2 cat

·
Registered
554 Posts
I picked up an Si Tip and it was just a direct bolt on. It doesn't add anything but looks to the car. If you're looking for performance, I would go axleback or CBE.

I've been out of the scene for a while but I think you can pick up the Tip for $120 off Honda or a bit cheaper off collegehillshonda.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
Newb here:

Anyone have an Si Tip for sale locally?

Clearly I dont have enough posts to view the classifieds...but if we meet face to face..??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Newb here:

Anyone have an Si Tip for sale locally?

Clearly I dont have enough posts to view the classifieds...but if we meet face to face..??
welcome to the forums! so im assuming you have a r18 since you are looking for a si tip.. coupe or sedan? How did you found out about this forum?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts