8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I need your help please. Well recently the other day I just got an exhaust ticket. It's a fix it and I need it taken care of asap. If anyone knows any police officer or anyone who would be willing to help me out that would he wonderful! Or if anyone has a stock axleback they would like to sell please also let me know. Or if someone would be kind enough to lend me theirs for a few days so I can get the problem taken care of. I don't have much but I can offer you something for your compensation. Please if you guys can do anything to help me out in my time of need I would greatly appreciate it. And can hopefully help any of you Guys out in the future in any way will do so. I know quite a bit. Thanks again

·
Registered
891 Posts
Did they meter it and if so what was the decibel reading? If so it would just be easier to get a silencer.
If not fight the ticket. The supreme court has already ruled you are allowed to buy aftermarket exhaust that may increase noise. Off its not over the dot/epa levels, they have no legal right to fine you.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Did they meter it and if so what was the decibel reading? If so it would just be easier to get a silencer.
If not fight the ticket. The supreme court has already ruled you are allowed to buy aftermarket exhaust that may increase noise. Off its not over the dot/epa levels, they have no legal right to fine you.
Proof??

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No that guy don't do any tests he just told me simply your exhaust is too loud I heard it all the way from 2 car lengths away. And I was shifting at 2k -_- . That what I thought that the cops have a certain regulation they must follow certain regulations. Bit from what people have been tellin me it's not worth the time cause ok court the judge is always going to side with the cop. So yeah

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Get a better exhaust so its not too loud, i would say Greddy EVO 2. very deep sound so they cops dont mind

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't want to downgrade my piping size so I wouldn't go Greddy evo2. But I need help though anyone?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't want to downgrade my piping size so I wouldn't go Greddy evo2. But I need help though anyone?
What exactly do you need help with? If you don't want to get smaller or put a silencer you don't really have much choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What exactly do you need help with? If you don't want to get smaller or put a silencer you don't really have much choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If you actually took the time to read above you would understand and wouldn't be saying this. I am asking for someone who would/ wants to sell their oem exhaust or would be kind enough to let me borrow theirs for a small rental fee until I get this taken care of.

·
Registered
891 Posts
If you actually took the time to read above you would understand and wouldn't be saying this. I am asking for someone who would/ wants to sell their oem exhaust or would be kind enough to let me borrow theirs for a small rental fee until I get this taken care of.
I would just get a silencer off of eBay. They are like 7 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If its any help Monrovia PD is pretty cool on the sign off. They do not even care if it's after market. Just not super loud...

I had larger piping a high flow resonator and switchesd back to stock muffler. It passed...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If its any help Monrovia PD is pretty cool on the sign off. They do not even care if it's after market. Just not super loud...

I had larger piping a high flow resonator and switchesd back to stock muffler. It passed...
Wow thats good to know. I have a super loud exhaust so its not gonna help me lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a stock muffler, header, hi flow resonator, and cat. The muffler was on a set of pipes I pieced together, so I literally have the muffler with about 3 inches of pipe on it. Your welcome to borrow any of these for your inspection if you think it will help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a stock muffler, header, hi flow resonator, and cat. The muffler was on a set of pipes I pieced together, so I literally have the muffler with about 3 inches of pipe on it. Your welcome to borrow any of these for your inspection if you think it will help.

Cheers!
Can I borrow the muffler please???

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I got one too a few months ago.. haven't taken care of it yet.. my friend that's a cop in central ca said that you can take it to a muffler shop and do a db test.. then show it to a cop to write off the ticket..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts