8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm sure there have been threads about exhaust but idk. I want an exhaust on my car but I want no rice sound. well as little rice as possible. but I really want it to be kinda quite until I smash the gas then I want a loud more low pictched sound. no ricer fart can. what would ya'll suggest?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
does it get loud in vtec?
Any exhaust will be load in vtec. Even the stock exhaust, which of course you would know. Can't get around that, unless you want an exhaust with a silencer, which kinda defeats the purpose. I had a magnaflow exhaust for my 03 LX and my 04 SI. I loved the sound of the exhaust. Normal driving it was quiet, but when I came on to the gas, you know I'm coming. That and I had a AEM V2 CAI with it. Sounded great, I actually miss the sound of it. Anyhow, good luck on the search.

·
Registered
410 Posts
HFP axleback, Apexi WS2 are very good choices if you choose axleback or catback, the HKS sport has good review too. Tame exhaust levels. Later.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Remove the big fat can at the end (muffler) and add a filler pipe. Sounds good.

Later on there was a post that said it cost about $20.

Note: not mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love my buddy club pro spec. its very deep and not rice sounding. the only problem i see with it is you have to cut the bracket on the piping or it will thud under the car when you leave the line. its also very loud

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I got rid of my BC Pro Spec because it wasn't loud enough for my tastes & it was paired up with a BCRH.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
What do you expect with a stock tip. No its not a Greddy or those other performance exhaust kits that cost 600+ and give you 5hp. I just came across it and posted it. Im sure if you play with the tip and the length of the pipe you would get a sound you wanted.

But I want to ask you this does it sound like this:
The video quality is horrible so is the sound.

Everyone has different preferences in what they consider good sound.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts