8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I recently got a Yonaka Exhaust system and will install it soon. I'm in the SoCal SFV area and wonder if anyone with an exhaust, other than stock, gets stopped a lot? From the videos I've seen on YouTube, the Yonaka isn't as loud as Greddy, Magnaflow, or Borla, so I'm hoping it doesn't attract that much heat. I also am one of those drivers that don't rev past 4k unless I have to enter the freeway or overtake. Lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stock header? You should be alright if you're not revving crazy everywhere, I have a oem mugen exhaust and i've never been pulled over for sound in socal.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Hi guys, I recently got a Yonaka Exhaust system and will install it soon. I'm in the SoCal SFV area and wonder if anyone with an exhaust, other than stock, gets stopped a lot? From the videos I've seen on YouTube, the Yonaka isn't as loud as Greddy, Magnaflow, or Borla, so I'm hoping it doesn't attract that much heat. I also am one of those drivers that don't rev past 4k unless I have to enter the freeway or overtake. Lol.
Drive normally and you will be fine. As long you not blasting vroom everywhere you go. If you just shift @ 2500RPM wont be as loud and cop wont pull you over. :dance:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock header? You should be alright if you're not revving crazy everywhere, I have a oem mugen exhaust and i've never been pulled over for sound in socal.
Drive normally and you will be fine. As long you not blasting vroom everywhere you go. If you just shift @ 2500RPM wont be as loud and cop wont pull you over. :dance:
Well to update on this thread, the Yonaka Exhaust I have is pretty quiet overall. I mean it has a nice low end sound like if you had a bass speaker in the car. You can hear it in the car, but not so much outside of the car [which I actually prefer LOL].

It only gets loud between 2k-3k rpm, but anything higher than that is not as loud as you think.

I was stressing out for nothing LOL.

There is an issue with rattling though from time to time, so I think it is the hangers that I just need to replace since I re-used them from the previous exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have Invidia N1 cat-back exhaust with stock header and I haven't been pulled over from a noise complaint. I'm thinking of getting the Invidia Q300 muffler though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From my experience of driving a loud 1983 toyota supra around just dont drive like a **** and gou should be good. Try to shift at or below 3k rpm when cops are around.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts