8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

this my simple question, the Si has the same layout of the exhaust as the Ex coupe?

if they have the same layout its possible to use an after market exhaust designed for the Si in my Ex?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
no. The SI has the exhaust manifold on the rear of the engine as opposed to the front on the LX/EX.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I think it wouldn't be that hard to modify a stock Si exhaust to fit an EX. I think it would be a nice upgrade to the R18 being bigger in diameter and I'm sure the muffler is chambered different too. The K20 cat is located directly under the car just aft of the engine compartment. The R18 as we know is on the front of the motor attached to the manifold.

So... The Si exhaust will be shorter then that of an EX because of the cat location. I don't think it would be that hard to lengthen the Si exhaust so that it would be dimensionally the same as the EX exhaust. Go to the Honda website and use the 3D view.

EX exhaust

Si exhaust

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
im not sure how much you would gain from using an Si exhaust, i remember reading about how much time a team of engineers at honda put in specifically tuning the Si exhaust to the K20.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
if your looking for an SI exhaust to fit the EX (something from HKS, Greddy, Apexi, etc..) It'd be cheaper to buy the muffler itself and have your own custom pipe fitted from the muffler to the cat. I remember paying somewhere around 70 bucks installed for the b-pipe. Apexi has their GT, N1, etc mufflers for around 200-300 bucks.. So for less than 400 bucks, you can have your own exhaust system..cheaper than any others you can find out there and you'll be one of the first.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
ethlar said:
im not sure how much you would gain from using an Si exhaust, i remember reading about how much time a team of engineers at honda put in specifically tuning the Si exhaust to the K20.
But the Si exhaust is bigger in diameter then the EX exhaust and will probably flow much better then a stock EX exhaust too. I'm just saying it would be a good, cheap upgrade for an EX owner. I had a bunch of SIR parts on my old Si and they all worked great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts