8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay......any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

After I turn my Si off, and walk around the car, there's a metallic popping noise seemingly coming from the exhaust. Compare the sound to having an empty aluminum garbage can, pressing the side in, and having that side pop out. Its not a cringe-worthy sound, but enough to cause moderate concern. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
all cars ive been around have done this. my best guess is that the Cats are still hot and are cooling down
Thanks for the reply. I should have stipulated that this sound is not similar to a catalytic converter cooling down. This noise is a recent occurrence, not something consistent throughout my ownership. In addition, this sound is louder and far more attention-grabbing than the typical cat-cool cycle sound. I guess a good analogy would be: exhaust popping --->cat-cooling, as gun-shot--->firecracker.

I have a stock exhaust. The only 'upgrades' performance wise are: Hondata Reflash and an Injen CAI. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.