8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im currently lookin into purchasing an exhaust. just wanting you guys input on which exhaust to look out for to prevent the melting of the bumper by the exhaust! if no problems, please state what exhaust your running, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
From what I know and I am 100% sure.

Safe exhausts are

Greddy Evo 2,sp2
Vibrant (all)
Tanabe (all)
Skunk 60mm, 70mm
Buddy Club
Apexi WS2

I would recomend skunk or buddy club if loudness doesnt bother You. But If You want quietness than I'd go with Greddy Sp2 or Tanabe or... Apexi WS2.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had the Vibrant and it melted my bumper untill I had the hangars bent so the tip would hang lower. I also have the the HFP kit though. I sold the vibrant because it was too loud and got an Apexi WS2 and I love it. The sound is good and not loud at all and no adjustments had to be made to prevent melting.

·
Registered
340 Posts
robinsonda1 said:
I had the Vibrant and it melted my bumper untill I had the hangars bent so the tip would hang lower. I also have the the HFP kit though. I sold the vibrant because it was too loud and got an Apexi WS2 and I love it. The sound is good and not loud at all and no adjustments had to be made to prevent melting.
sorry for the OT, but how are the power gains of ws2?

btw: it also depends on the exhaust hang height, as You said. Actually any exhaust can melt the bumper if its too close. Magnaflow is great too, forgot to mention it lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The WS2 feels ablut the same as the vibrant, you just feel a little more pull in the top end. The WS2 sounds similar to the vibrant as well just much quieter.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
The only ones that I've heard will melt the bumper at all and not much btw, is apexi and vibrant. We'll see about hks in a month or so according to them.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
adamhoud said:
I think thats more common on turbocharged cars, my comptech is fine.
I wouldn't think that the comptech would have a problem at all. I just ordered mine the other day. I'm following in your footsteps it appears since I'm getting rid of the skunk2 70mm, lol. You have a race header right? Do you have any clips? The comtech's gonna be around 3 weeks or so he said, so I would like to hear what it'll be like now.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Excalibur said:
I wouldn't think that the comptech would have a problem at all. I just ordered mine the other day. I'm following in your footsteps it appears since I'm getting rid of the skunk2 70mm, lol. You have a race header right? Do you have any clips? The comtech's gonna be around 3 weeks or so he said, so I would like to hear what it'll be like now.
Yes, I have the SSR with a cat in the test pipe portion, and it isn't AS loud as the skunk2 by itself, it does have some drone on the freeway though.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
adamhoud said:
Yes, I have the SSR with a cat in the test pipe portion, and it isn't AS loud as the skunk2 by itself, it does have some drone on the freeway though.
Sounds just right then. No clips then?

·
Registered
110 Posts
jtreank20 said:
greddy t-ic is good too. my bumper is still good!
how long have you had it for , any long trips? im still waiting to get mine i orderd from tpd on july 17th and it wont be here till sept :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
kingarthur said:
how long have you had it for , any long trips? im still waiting to get mine i orderd from tpd on july 17th and it wont be here till sept :(
i got it like 3 months ago. ive done a 2 hour drive but there are no signs of it melting. i have the hfp kit too

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I have the Ti-C and It sticks out far enough to notice the blue-ish tip with the HFP lip kit and it looks good... Defenetly no melting!!!! I seen the Apex N1 in person and it doesnt stick out at all dont know if theres melting but with the HFP kit it looks like it may have an issue...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts