8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

exhaust measurements si

1K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  furryferret7888 
#1 ·
does anyone have the exhaust measurements for an 06 si 2door...

not the width of the pipe...im talking the length and the drgrees of the bends...im going to make my own exhaust, but im to lazy to climb under the car and pull out the tape....so has anyone done this??

:waiting:

#4 · (Edited)
let me get this straight.... you are going to MAKE your own exhaust, but you're too lazy to climb under your car and make the measurements yourself? and then, on top of that, you're going to trust someone else to give you the measurements before you go out and spend the money on whatever it is you need to make your own exhaust?

:laughing:

I don't think someone on here would try to screw you over, I just think that you might want to double check any numbers someone else gave you. ;) ANYONE else. I would make the measurements myself.

#5 ·
i would check them once i get around to getting under it...but for now im looking on how much pipe i need to buy...im not going to cut and bend it without checking and re-checking my self....

im not that lazy its just its kinda hard to get under it in my college parking lot...;)

#19 ·
Not many exhausts for the Si make very much power. without some R&D, I doubt an exhaust you make for yourself will make power. I don't think it will necessarily LOSE power, but one member here with a custom mid-pipe and an aftermarket axleback DID lose power because of the midpipe, which ended up being more restrictive. (looking for that post now)

If you ARE going to make your own exhaust, I recommend also taking a look at an aftermarket exhaust. I recall seeing that you said you wanted a straight-through design, is that correct? I guess resonators and such wouldn't matter that much.
I guess the major question is, how much would it cost you? what kind of materials are you using? If you can buy a high quality exhaust for about the same amount, is it really worth it to build your own?

#20 ·
im going to look into getting a DCRH and from that going stright pipe all the way back till i get to the muffler...no cats or resonators....so i cant see it being restricted anywhere...it will be 2.5'" diameter...dont know how thick the pipe will be yet...or what kind of pipe...i dont see it running me past $200 total at most...my father and i would do all the labor...i trust his welding more than mine, and he has the bender...plasma cutter...etc...

#23 ·
If you can work in the drwaing/modeling program solid works I have the SSRRH and the SK2 70MM drawn... It has all the bend profiles and everything... I have a Fero Arm at work and we needed somthing to one day...lol.. I wanted to build a system with a normal sized muffler like a Borla or somthing like that... I dont like the N1 look.. I wanted to make somthing I could use a stock looking tip with... If I can find a shop with a good CNC bender that will one I would do it.. but for the price people want....its just no worth it...plus they want me to make 10 and then its just not worth it... so... anyways I have all that stuf.. just pm me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.