8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 8th gen civic sedan a few months ago. These are the questions I have.

1. How do I know what model I have, (90 percent sure its the base model dx with a few upgrades)

2. The exhaust needs to be replaced due to being eaten by the Fl salt air. Who makes a decently loud exhaust that wont break the bank that I can install myself?

3. There is body rust happening. How do I repair this?

4. What engine is in this vehicle?

5. who makes an aftermarket suspension that isn't terrible?

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is some cheap ebay exhaust sytems that work although over time the TIG welds can rust or crack. For body rust chris fix has some good DIY videos tht help alot. Your engine is a r18. Godspeed and skunk2 make good suspension that isn't to expensive. Hope this helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this does, I guess the last question I have is what is the largest rim/tire combo that can be ran before major mods will be necessary, I'm willing to roll the fenders and remove the liners.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay this can be very arguable about the biggest rims you can run but I ran 20s lowered 2.5 inches with rolled fenders and removed inner fenders with no rubbing at all. I had 20x8.5 with a 225 30 r20. Maybe bigger is possible without more mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts