8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the SRI's, do exhausts lose low-end and midrange HP and Torque?

My setup so far is IMG, TB Gaskets/spacer, Fujita SRI soon to be X's intake, and BCRH. Will I still lose low to mid HP and TQ and only gain a little bit high end? I just don't want to spend $500-$600 and experience the same loss as my Fujita SRI. I was planning on getting the Greddy SP2.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Believe me, after going through 2 different aftermarket exhausts, 2.75" and 2.5" don't buy an exhaust expecting any performance gains, you're buying it for sound and anything felt is placebo, not enough gains to actually feel anything.

statements like this:
ZOMG!1!1!!1!!!! MY CAR PULLS LIKE A BEAST NOW!!11!!!1

are just completely false and due to the noise change.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
i dynoed mine stock 181 to the wheels put a vibrant cat back 191hp to the ground. 10hp gain you cant feel it but it does pick up

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Matauz said:
i dynoed mine stock 181 to the wheels put a vibrant cat back 191hp to the ground. 10hp gain you cant feel it but it does pick up
I call BS on that, it's not possible. I'm assuming you did back to back runs within the same hour swapping out exhausts? Otherwise, it doesn't really apply as too many factors can influence it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i gained 3...the loss of low en torque is due to the bigger diameter of the piping like 2.5 is way too big and will lose back end pressure...2.25 is the only way not to lose that back end pressure unless ofcourse youre goin turbo then you need 2.5+ piping

edit: also 2.25 is a way not to lose low-end torque

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I'm going to say that you will not gain anything or maybe even loose some if you don't have an intake. And you still won't gain much until you put a header on there...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
adamhoud said:
I call BS on that, it's not possible. I'm assuming you did back to back runs within the same hour swapping out exhausts? Otherwise, it doesn't really apply as too many factors can influence it.

easy buddy lol We own the dyno it was two differnt days after putting the short ram air i picked up five made 195 to the wheels 4+ times

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Matauz said:
easy buddy lol We own the dyno it was two differnt days after putting the short ram air i picked up five made 195 to the wheels 4+ times
Same temp and humidity? Same engine running temp? Same water temp? Same oil pressure? Same water pressure? Dude you can't really compare dynos, not even one after another...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Clearly nothing is the same twice I have made 11+ pulls with that car its always with 1-2 hp differnce

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Anyone who gains power everyone says "prove it" dyno sheets show it every says its not accurate like wtf what more prove do you want lol? I went 14.39 @ 97mph still not good enough at 195 at the wheels

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My dad and I run a mustang shop DaSilva Racing we do up the mustangs from 79-07 I also have a 86 mustang runs high 8s his race car runs 6's at 200+ mph

Don't mean to steal the thread but here are some pics

Dads car

The shop

my 86

and my honda strapped to the dyno

anyone in the scarborough area check it out :p

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I wanted something differnt lol I see 12 differnt cars a day ive seen every stang you can imagine but I love our race cars

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
dang mautaz sweet cars (not much into the 80's and 90's stangs but they are fast cars).

also I think that I/H/E would have more effect on actual exhaust gains alone. As in, if you test everything separate, the intake, exhaust and header, you may get like 4-5 from the intake, 1-3 from the exhaust, and 1-3 from the header, but all together you may get like 10-17. At least that's what other cars have been like.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Ford Sucks!!! Bad ass saleens and cobras though.
*Scratches head*

Why didn't you get a new gen GT, they are pretty bomb too...

My dad's 05 stang

He sold it two months ago but built another one same color XD

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Your dad loves turbos huh?

The turbo street car in that 05 wasn't as nice as the supercharged set up for everyday driving we found so he went back to the vortech blower. For a race car turbo is ultimate power mine made 974 to the wheels at 20 pounds of boost his pegged the dyno at 2000 at 22 pounds (goes to 40)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts