8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some help. I have a 08 Civic LX and want to get full exhaust. But I dont want it too loud but a nice deep, low sound. What is my best bet?

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I have an EX coupe and currently running Magnaflow catback, not to loud not to quiet either. When I start my car in the morning I can hear the low rumble from my house(remote starting car).

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I didnt even know there were that many cat-back exhausts for our R18's. I knew of the Greddy Ti-C but thats it. I thought everything else wa sonly AxleBacks (mufflers)

According to the exhaust section @ http://www.autocityimports.com there are exhausts from:

Megan
Magnaflow
Tanabe
Greddy

Time to start looking @ sound clips. :lildevil:

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I vote Greddy Ti-C! It has a nice sound to it.
After listening to a bunch of sound clips, Im going with the Magnaflow catback. Not too loud, but loud enough to know its there.

Greddy Ti-C was a little too rhaspy and fart canish for me. I mean, I KNOW youtube videos dont do exhausts justice.. but thats all ive got to work with.

I actually ordered my Magnaflow this afternoon thru Josh @ Excelerate and im getting it installed tomorrow. :dancing:

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
After listening to a bunch of sound clips, Im going with the Magnaflow catback. Not too loud, but loud enough to know its there.

Greddy Ti-C was a little too rhaspy and fart canish for me. I mean, I KNOW youtube videos dont do exhausts justice.. but thats all ive got to work with.

I actually ordered my Magnaflow this afternoon thru Josh @ Excelerate and im getting it installed tomorrow. :dancing:
Yea I don't think youtube does justice to exhausts. I think the Ti-C has a nice deep aggressive sound to it. One of my friends had magnaflow and it was CRAZY loud, then again it was on a different type of car so im kinda jumping to conclusions there. If you get your maganaflow installed post up some pics! Congrats on the exhaust!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Yea I don't think youtube does justice to exhausts. I think the Ti-C has a nice deep aggressive sound to it. One of my friends had magnaflow and it was CRAZY loud, then again it was on a different type of car so im kinda jumping to conclusions there. If you get your maganaflow installed post up some pics! Congrats on the exhaust!
Just got back form the install. IMO it sounds very nice. Its loud when I get on the gas but not too loud when just slow cruisin. :thumb:

Josh @ Excelerate said it would get louder as it breaks in so Ill maybe to a sound clip after that happens. Im uploading some pics from the install right now.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I got an si catback and I love it....definetly a different sound than the stock but won't draw attention either...and looks good too

·
Registered
209 Posts
hey i need some help. I have a 08 Civic LX and want to get full exhaust. But I dont want it too loud but a nice deep, low sound. What is my best bet?
i just heard an SI with TANABE Concept G, it sounded exactly like i wanted.

Tanabe doesnt sell a r18 version, their site only has it for a 4dr, not a 2dr ex like i need :(

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
car looks great Phalanx. much better than my stock silver ex :)

i have plans though

What kind of plans you got?

the magnaflow is a nice exhaust system. not sure if im gonna get that or hold off for an evo2 option
So far, I love it. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the advice guys. i think im going to go with the Greddy Racing Ti-C but just have to wait until i find a suitable price lol. some are way too high. If any of you kno any one thats selling one, dont hesitate to PM me. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts