8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
the clutch is fine if im not mistaken its the exact same as oem. meaning i believe that the oem clutch is made by exedy. i have the khc10 kit on my car because i blew the oem and its fine. installation is key.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats what i replaced mine with. And added a 8 pound flywheel. Feels good. Kinda wish i would.have spent extra for a stage 1

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's not identical to the OEM clutch. The OEM disks and throw out bearings are usually of higher quality. Lots of people have noise problems with the throw out bearing provided in Exedy's aftermarket kits.

OMGGGYESSSS I know Exedy makes Honda's clutches. But the factory/dealership spec parts are sometimes of higher quality than the aftermarket. The KHC10 is an aftermarket OE equivalent.

The bearing in my KHC10 is making a loud squeaking noise. I just bought an OEM bearing for $35 at bernardiparts.com.

I have always had slight noise develop over time with any Exedy OE kit's throw out bearing....but never squeaking. Usually, I just ignore it because there's nothing actually wrong. But this time around, I bought a 06 Si for my GF to use as a DD off a friend who had a clutch installed by some shop. They had the CMC adjusted way too far out...so the TOB always had pressure on it....so now it's squeaking annoyingly. I also think they put anti sieze on the clutch splines instead of grease :facepalm:.
I think this because the clutch is hard to push and releases very slowly in cold weather (I'm talking about pausing for about 1-2 seconds between shifts to let the clutch actually engage). I replaced the CMC and slave cyl...so...kinda narrowed it down to a bad install.

My garage is heated...and it should only take me a few hours to do this clutch...I figure 4-6 hours since its my first time doing a clutch on a FG chassis. That and the fact that the TOB was only $35 makes it worthwhile to get rid of the mouse in my trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
HughJorgens
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing