8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted earlier, I glazed the crap out of my OEM clutch racing last weekend.

I am looking to upgrade to a stage1 or 2 clutch.

I am looking closely at Exedy or CC ,but closer at Exedy due to CC's possible issues.

The one question I have is, Exedy's webpage say their lightweight fly must be used with their clutch.

Is this manditory? I would rather not install a lightweight flywheel if at all possible. I dont like the feel, and would rather not spend the extra $$.

Just want to see if anyone has done this setup, and if it works. If not I guess I will have to buck up and get that as well.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is not mandatory, but you need to get your stock flywheel resurfaced. I figured I mine as well get a new flywheel because I wanted a lighter one. I have the CC Stage 2 with their 8 lb flywheel and it is the perfect combo for me. I have only had one issue where it didnt want to go into gear, but I've had it for 2 months and its going great. It gets the power to the ground like a mofo. Great clutch for N/A. I also used the OEM throwout bearing which fixed users previous issues.

Im going to upgrade to their stage 4 once i get my k24/other parts in

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a heads up.

After talking with the best local shop in my area, the flywheel isnt compatible, or at least isnt intended for use with a aftermarket clutch.

Our flywheel is based off a TSX platform, while most aftermarket clutches are based off a RSX flywheel.

Therefore they are not easily interchangeable.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I broke mine as well.... I had to replace due to the spring bracket breaking.

I"m running the stock flywheel and exeedy stage 1 clutch...

glazed your clutch!! ahhggg... stop riding the clutch :p .....make sure to rev match :) he he

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't glazed by street driving, it was glazed by power shifting at 8700.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drag strip.

Competition Stage2 + Light Fly going in on Saturday, but they car will not be going back to the track. It is bad luck.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i was thinkin about getting that same clutch set-up for my si also im n/a and eventually would like a stage 1 exedy and their light weight flywheel also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts