8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: For all those that test drove the Si and EX coupes:

How did the sound system compare to the LX coupe? I see the 190 watt difference in soundsystem and the extra subwoofer, but is it all that great of a difference? And where is the sub locate? (I heard it was in the read window panel in the middle)

And if so, can the sub woofer be replaced by something like a JL 8w7?

Thanks!!
:thumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't think the Si is available for testing yet. They won't be shipped until November/December (after SEMA).

But I would like to hear how the sub sounded too. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Scourge said:
I don't think the Si is available for testing yet. They won't be shipped until November/December (after SEMA).

But I would like to hear how the sub sounded too. :)
The EX Coupe has the same sound system, and it should be arriving at dealerships this or next week. Someone could test it.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I didn't realize the EX had the same system or I would have tested it out. There were 2 EX's at the dealership by me - One with nav, and one without.

I can't get to a dealership today probably, but I'll try tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
extremely doubtful a w7 will fit cuz they are too deep of a sub. Anyday the pricing for the Si is supposed to be available...thats all i need to get my paperwork thru honda credit & i'll have the first si off the truck at Vic Honda in St. Joe, Missouri

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright guys, well the Coupes don't get to my area until mid november (so say the dealer guys). So I won't have a chance until then to find out, but I figured the ride and drive guys would know about the sound system. It is the one thing that might make me get the EX instead of the LX (I mean what else really is there?).

·
Registered
518 Posts
TeamNightIllusionsCivic said:
extremely doubtful a w7 will fit cuz they are too deep of a sub. Anyday the pricing for the Si is supposed to be available...thats all i need to get my paperwork thru honda credit & i'll have the first si off the truck at Vic Honda in St. Joe, Missouri
what if the first one off the truck is a ugly color? u still taking it?

:eek:mg:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
tomasro said:
Alright guys, well the Coupes don't get to my area until mid november (so say the dealer guys). So I won't have a chance until then to find out, but I figured the ride and drive guys would know about the sound system. It is the one thing that might make me get the EX instead of the LX (I mean what else really is there?).

EX- has the power sunroof standard.
LX - Not available.

EX- Stereo - 350 watts 7 speakers/sub
LX- Stereo - 160 watts 6 speakers

EX - Seats- 64/40 split rear folding seats.
LX - Seats still fold - but fold as 1 solid piece. No split.

EX- Wheels - 16" alloys
LX- Wheels - 16" hubs

EX - Navigation option
LX - No nav option

EX- Steering wheel controls for audio/cruise
LX- no audio/cruise controls on wheel

Those are basically the differences you'd have to take into consideration.

·
Registered
111 Posts
tomasro said:
Wow...we're getting some coupes in our area like next week according to the delivery sheets at the Honda dealer. Make sure your dealer isn't thinking of the Si. Sometimes they get easily confused.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the Si's don't even get released until december 1st, so I think the dealership down here just sucks. oh well...shoptb, you have to let me know what you think next week when you see one....I'm sooo anxious!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
tomasro said:
Well, the Si's don't even get released until december 1st, so I think the dealership down here just sucks. oh well...shoptb, you have to let me know what you think next week when you see one....I'm sooo anxious!!!
I'll let ya know bud. I can't wait to hear the 350-watt system myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts