8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EX comes with 16" rims and I understand that you can upgrade to 17" with a narrower tire. If I go up to an 18" will this throw off my speedometer since the diameter will be bigger? :driving: If so why is the 18 only offered on the Si? They're both basically the same car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Almost the Si has upgraded wheel bearings for the addidtional stresses. Upgrading wheels on the Si is easier than the Ex's Lx's .

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i usually only recommending plus 1 - meaning one size up. You can get a wider tire with a smaller profile and it will compensate. Think of a dounut. Now with a 17" rim and lower profile tire, think of the same dounut, but with a bigger hole in the center.

·
Registered
14 Posts
8thCivicNut said:
The EX comes with 16" rims and I understand that you can upgrade to 17" with a narrower tire. If I go up to an 18" will this throw off my speedometer since the diameter will be bigger? :driving: If so why is the 18 only offered on the Si? They're both basically the same car.

For the 2006 Civic EX the honda recommended rim upgrade is the 17" HFP-R7 Factory Performance Alloy Wheel. Honda also provided the tire spec of P215/45R17.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts