8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my GGM ex sedan/nav last week.

Anyone know anything about the "XMkit" or whatever that interfaces into the nav so you can use XM with the touchscreen?

The dealer quoted me 600, but was cryptic on what it involved.

I also found some OEM resellers with a "kit" listed - but the picture of the kit did not show a civic with nav.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
hass said:
Picked up my GGM ex sedan/nav last week.

Anyone know anything about the "XMkit" or whatever that interfaces into the nav so you can use XM with the touchscreen?

The dealer quoted me 600, but was cryptic on what it involved.

I also found some OEM resellers with a "kit" listed - but the picture of the kit did not show a civic with nav.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to 8thcivic, Hass!

Hope this helps:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6537#post6537

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with the dealer. He says it would be an extra 800 (p+l) to make it "factory XM" with the nav. He actually discourages it due to expense. Really sucks, as my 05 Odyssey has NAV/XM integrated from the get go. Kind of nice to have the touchscreen to scan XM.

Guess it's time to shop for portable units, as crappy as it looks to have one plugged-in.

Thanks for the welcome!

This is my 8th honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The radio may be, but unless you buy the tuner, antennae and wiring (which is 450) and have it installed (350ish) that radio is useless - for XM signal, at least.

:banghead:

I guess my point is, though I am a loyal Honda buyer, this feature/accessory option seems to be poorly planned and WAY overpriced.

I do love my new car though! 125 miles on teh odo and rising!

·
Registered
518 Posts
wow, thats really really ***.
with my nav in the cord, i got 2 weeks free xm, then jus had to subscribe.
That prolly explains why the civic nav option is $800.00 cheaper then the accords nav.
Honestly though, XM sucks
I liked it for about 4-5 months.
Now its just a few extra"radio" chanels-same songs, everyday-all day with no commercials, wupie f#ckin d0..
LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Civics do come with the XM tuner installed when you pay $1700 for the navigation. All you have to do is subscribe with the first 2-3 months free then $9.99 a month after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope.

The 1700 for nav is the nav system with "XM ready" prewiring.

The website and dealer both say you need the reciever and antennae to get XM signal if you want to have it integrated w/ your nav head unit. That will cost you around 800 installed.

I have a 2006 EX/nav. There is no antennae or reciever.

OH~ XM is great. I have it on my 05 Odyssey touring/nav and will never go back.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
hass said:
Nope.

The 1700 for nav is the nav system with "XM ready" prewiring.

The website and dealer both say you need the reciever and antennae to get XM signal if you want to have it integrated w/ your nav head unit. That will cost you around 800 installed.

I have a 2006 EX/nav. There is no antennae or reciever.

OH~ XM is great. I have it on my 05 Odyssey touring/nav and will never go back.
That must be in Canada then. I was told by the dealership sales guy that the navigation unit in 06 civic was XM ready, all I would have to do is subscribe. It would not suprise me one bit that the dealership sales guy lied to me, or didn't know what he was talkin about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts