8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is like a thing i cant post but ok so My ex just lost to a toyota celica,

i just looked up the spec's and they are the came numbers as our cars

Mine:
Engine: K&N SRI(heat wraped)
Top Speed Auto Header
Magnaflow Catback
NST pulleys

Others:
Carbon Hood and Trunk
Took Tire outa trunk
automatic

Him IDK what year the car was
Engine: Prob Intake
Exhaust dont know which
and carbon trunk
manual

and their was a Golf 1.8T and the celica was keeping up with that. so im thinking he was running a turbo.

·
Registered
642 Posts
not sure if this is like a thing i cant post but ok so My ex just lost to a toyota celica,

i just looked up the spec's and they are the came numbers as our cars

Mine:
Engine: K&N SRI(heat wraped)
Top Speed Auto Header
Magnaflow Catback
NST pulleys

Others:
Carbon Hood and Trunk
Took Tire outa trunk
automatic

Him IDK what year the car was
Engine: Prob Intake
Exhaust dont know which
and carbon trunk
manual

and their was a Golf 1.8T and the celica was keeping up with that. so im thinking he was running a turbo.
celica was probably a GT-S which has 180hp i believe......

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, nice job reppin da R18 :sadwavy:

That doesn't surprise me, the R18 is a slow car. I've never driven a Celica but it certainly looks like it'd be a quicker car
my car doesnt feel slow to say the least. its still a quick car, just not a super car like the Si, but i got an ex for a car and that what im working with.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
wut i ment is that its not as good as the si, but alot of SI owners think that their cars are super cars compared to the R18
My Si is my beater, my 350z is my weekend driver (neither are supercars), the Porsche Carrera GT would be a supercar. A Civic is FARRRRRR from ever being a super car. Civic owners thinking they own super cars are ricers. lol

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
my car doesnt feel slow to say the least. its still a quick car, just not a super car like the Si, but i got an ex for a car and that what im working with.
Haha I wish the SI was a supercar!! I guess it's all relative - I had an LX (auto) and it felt very, very underpowered. The SI feels about what a normal car should be. Because it only makes power at high revs I find avg, boring cars routinely being hard to keep up with unless I'm redlining it. The RX-8, speed3 and speed6 I tested about a week ago all felt like 'quick' cars. Anything I beleive over 300 WHP and under 3300 lbs or so would most likely feel like a 'fast' car to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.