8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, second post here and first thread ever.

I just got an 2010 EX-L (lovin it) a couple weeks ago, and I noticed it looks really boring from the rear and wanna put an exhaust tip on it. Well, I measure it the best I could (measuring tape through the middle), and the inlet size seemed to be right below 2.5". So I get a 2.5", and it's a tad bit too big (wobbles). Thinking I made a mistake, I get a 2.25", and it goes right in..... inside the exhaust itself that is, lol. Too small this time.

So what should I do? 2.25" and 2.5" are the standard sizes and there's nothing else in between. Just get an OEM Exhaust Chrome Finisher? Don't wanna get those though, since they're not stainless and cost more than a stainless one... For those with aftermarket tips, what did you guys get?

And I heard of those $12 walmart ones... those were 2.5", and the thread was about two years old, so I'm guessing 2009-2010 exhausts are different to 2008 and below.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have the same problem on my 2010 LX coupe....not sure what to do...have you found a solution yet?
since you live in Canada check canadian tire i saw some pretty nice tips oval SI look alike about 18$

honda sels the SI oem tip for 120 $ way overpriced

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 08 exl/navi/5 speed and the exterior looked was bland. I have added a spoiler, SI rims, and had my splash guards painted white to match the color and it has definitely added some character to the car. I went to auto zone and tried every size to get the tip to fit right and have had no luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.