8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so here is a thread for all the problems that EX and lower models hav had.
Post your car problem or malfunction and solution.
Well here i go for my 2006 Ex I got aprox 40000 km of mileage and the dealer just reminded me the warranty expires in 3 years or 6k km waht hapens first. So I realized that i have like a year or less under warranty!! that is ovioulsy beacuse i drive alot

1.-3 months out from the dealer and a engine hidraulic support broke so the the engine vibrated alot ( very anoying) --- warranty replaced

2. cd player stopped workin two weeks ago . going for to dealer for a warranty replacement

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Driver side sun visor broke. Replaced visor under warranty.

Infamous intermitten front pop/clunk noise while going thru bumps at slow speed. Have not taken to dealer yet. I can't even reproduce it sometimes :pat:.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
fkefke said:
cd player stopped working about a month ago, not planning to fix it since im selling the car in few months
It should still be under warranty. Might be a good idea to have it fixed 'before' selling it. Certainly have it fixed under warranty if you plan to sell the car privately...broke CD player = lower sale value.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pockings said:
Driver side sun visor broke. Replaced visor under warranty.

Infamous intermitten front pop/clunk noise while going thru bumps at slow speed. Have not taken to dealer yet. I can't even reproduce it sometimes :pat:.
what do you mean with broke. mine this week just started to bend down a little . so it doesnt go all the way up it has become anoying

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
As we all know our civics interiors have some problems here is a list that my EX has had.

SRS light problem (fixed after i bought the car but the tech forgot to fix something the second time) so i had to go all the way back again and they said "oops we forgot something" yeah right like i wouldnt knotice? idiots.

Pedal TSB was fixed before i got the car
Some iterior trim peices have gaps and is showing wear and tear and im only at 10,500 miles!? wtf?!
all of our civics have a window problem i dont know if HOA will release a fix on it or not but everytime the window goes up or down the door panel flexes and the RPMS rise up,its annyoing.
DBW throttle lag sucks
Visors havnet had any issues (yet)
under carriage spray protection is peeling off! going to bring in to dealer to get it resprayed and fix the interior AGAIN!
I have no engine problems what so ever its been very reliable.

Overall i do like this car alot i just wish Honda didnt rush on bringing it out they should of did some more R&D on it before releasing it. Overall i give our civics between a 7 or an 8 out of 10 for reliability but a 5/6 out of 10 for interior quality. I really do hope for Hondas sake the 08 civic will be a huge improvement if it isnt well more people will be pissed off like me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts