8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my black 07' civic sedan windows tinted like almost 12 days ago. And a few days ago i decided to roll down each window but it's making weird noises everytime the window comes back up. The noise is like the window is struggling to go up cause it seems like the tint has made it thicker or something. This loud noise only happens when the window is rolling up and not down. I got the Ceramic Tint Non Metallic.
I took it to the Honda dealer yesterday and they just called me and told that civics that have their windows tinted do that and they can't do anything about it and it will always be there. They said something about it being in a bulletin. (I don't what they talk about Bulletin)
They offer to take it off and return me my money, but i love the tint on my car.
Is this true? Does anyone have this problem?
What should I do?

Please help!:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yikes....so after they tinted it...AND it makes noise...they're just saying....ugh....they sound like that....I think that's BS...I had our 07' Sedan tinted....20% all around...it doesn't sound like that...damn dealer sonsab!tches....I'd ask them to show me the bulliten...if not...fix it...

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
So, the *dealer* tinted it for you, gouged you on pricing, THEN tells you that they all do that? Screw that. Take it back, yell, and rape them with your left butt cheek.

They should be fixing that kind of stuff, and have them check other civics with this "dealer tint" in comparison to yours.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8thGen-06-Black-Si said:
Damn you payed a lot for tints.

I say just bring it back to the place that did it for you. Explain the issue that's happening now.

I did. I took to the Honda dealer that did it.

What do you people recommend? Should I tell them to take it off so they can give me back my money? and should i try to taking it to random place?
How much you people pay for tints after taxes?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I just read that they'd refund you the money...and I would certainly do that. I paid 160 in SoCal for mine, and that's front windows, and the back windows.

50% front, 35% back. Yeah, front's too light, but I like it. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
IDK man that is crazy, I've had tinted windows on all my cars and never had a problem...I just got the tint done to my 07 Si, but I can't roll the windows down yet (got it done 2days ago). I will post back to let you know in acouple days...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aLiLbit-Si-LLy said:
IDK man that is crazy, I've had tinted windows on all my cars and never had a problem...I just got the tint done to my 07 Si, but I can't roll the windows down yet (got it done 2days ago). I will post back to let you know in acouple days...

Ok, thanks. How much was it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a Portable GPS that i use on my car.
Ceramic Tint Non Metallic is the best for it, right?
I don't want my GPS not working properly cause of it, Just making sure.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I paid $150 for all 5 windows on my coupe and an extra layer on the sun roof. And this is the same place that my Honda dealer takes cars to be "factory tinted" LOL! I went with 5% in the rear and sun roof, and 35% in the front, perfect combo IMO. I would take it back, have them take it off and get your money back, and then take it to a tint shop and save over a $100.

I think what you need some felt in the door, usually don't need it on Honda's but sometimes the tint rubs on the inside of the door causing that sound and a tint shop can install felt so that the windows roll like normal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spocheld said:
I paid $150 for all 5 windows on my coupe and an extra layer on the sun roof. And this is the same place that my Honda dealer takes cars to be "factory tinted" LOL! I went with 5% in the rear and sun roof, and 35% in the front, perfect combo IMO. I would take it back, have them take it off and get your money back, and then take it to a tint shop and save over a $100.

I think what you need some felt in the door, usually don't need it on Honda's but sometimes the tint rubs on the inside of the door causing that sound and a tint shop can install felt so that the windows roll like normal.

ok, cool. So what should i tell a tint shop when i take it to them? I should let the tint shop know about how i had it tinted and it was making noises?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
when you roll it up its like a squelling kinda sound like its rubbing against some rubber or something i bet

mine was like this after i got them tinted, the cause and solution are simple. its due to the person pushing the rubber lining at the bottom of the window down in to get the tint down there and it gets folded over and the window rubs it. i took this little saw thing i had covered it in tape and stuck it down there and pried the rubbed part back up to where the felt was back against the window like it should be. goodbye noise

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jeremy0203 said:
when you roll it up its like a squelling kinda sound like its rubbing against some rubber or something i bet

mine was like this after i got them tinted, the cause and solution are simple. its due to the person pushing the rubber lining at the bottom of the window down in to get the tint down there and it gets folded over and the window rubs it. i took this little saw thing i had covered it in tape and stuck it down there and pried the rubbed part back up to where the felt was back against the window like it should be. goodbye noise
So would the dealer or tint shop figure that out? or will i have to do it myself cause i really would have no idea how to do it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have another question. The Honda dealer might lower the price since the window tint job is making noises. Should i take the deal if they cut the price in half?
Would it be easier to get the sound fix by removing the window tint and having it done again, or will it be easier to just take it to a place who can somehow fix it with the Tint being on it?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts