8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever heard of a CASRI before? its a Cold Air Short Ram Intake? lol well here is what i came up with after researching and checking out everyone's own 'x' intake, don't have enough money to spend on the CT carbon fiber intake box so i can live with this for now, ive had an AEM CAI but i figured that it had too many bends and a long way for cola air to travel, so i made mine to the point where its cold and a straight shot, oh and its made out of REAL carbon fiber so i think the air should stay pretty cool, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and another way you can tell that it is NOT small is because when you look at the TB you can see how big it is before it transitions to the TB, thanks though!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah it was pretty much ALL DIY, it sucked at times when i had some trial and error, i am using a UNI foam filter right now, car feels great and pull withOUT any lag whatsoever, its pretty cool, i wish i had money to buy the CT intake box for the RSX and i give props to the member who did but DAMN that thing alone cost too much, this does the same thing (i think) for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not sure what other angles of pictures you guys want lol thats not enough?!?! LoL ok il try and get some more pics in. Thanks for looking and your comments.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HAHAHAHHA YEAH RIGHT, the damn carbon fiber tube cost me approx $150 and everything else is what ever you want to put in between.

parts:

- Custom carbon fiber intake tube 3"
- Uni 3" dual foam filter
- Stock MAF sensor, grinded with a dremel
- silicone couplers
- 2 breather hose stems
- 2 breather hoses
- 6 hose clamps

put it all together, reattach all hoses, sensors, reset ecu for 10-15 mins, start the car, let it idle for 10-15 minutes, take a drive and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
HAHAHAHHA YEAH RIGHT, the damn carbon fiber tube cost me approx $150 and everything else is what ever you want to put in between.

parts:

- Custom carbon fiber intake tube 3"
- Uni 3" dual foam filter
- Stock MAF sensor, grinded with a dremel
- silicone couplers
- 2 breather hose stems
- 2 breather hoses
- 6 hose clamps

put it all together, reattach all hoses, sensors, reset ecu for 10-15 mins, start the car, let it idle for 10-15 minutes, take a drive and enjoy!!!
Awesome! Where would someone go about getting the custom carbon tube?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Thats loooks really good. Props to you for trying new ideas. Maybe you can come up with some hind of heat shield around the filter in a future. I know it sits far away from the engine but when A/C is on, there is actually a pretty good flow of hot air. I had to take off my old DIY intake a while back because of it. Just a thought... Regardless, awesome and clean job, +1

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for your input, i actually relocated my battery to the rear trunk of the car. as far as a heatshield and the a/c im planning on gutting my bay of the a/c and power steering, so im hoping not to worry about all that heat, thanks for the heads up though in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts