8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Europe's Civic so much better. why?

4K views 93 replies 56 participants last post by  SapphireRaven 
#1 ·
call me uninformed but i just looked at Europe's new Civic Type-R, and it doesnt even look like a civic, its still teeny tiny mind you but (at least in my opinion) it looks so much sleeker an just much more badass. the dashboard is better, the seats are better (red), etc, etc. Why does Europe get a so much different car, i just dont understand this at all.

See less See more
#7 ·
i love how the navi facing you.....

#11 ·
the front looks good in my eyes...the rear is kinda fulgy besides the tail pipes... it just seems to have more attention to detail, with all the red stuff (emblems, engine, seats..) and the interior. it kinda seems like they spent more time on it than ours :p

#40 ·
different regions, different cars. Honda wanted to capture the taste of each particular region.

the Asian civic was tailored to asian tastes which wanted more angles o their cars.

European civics,honda wanted to capture a younger audience since majority of Honda buyers there are OLD people, hence the star trekky design.

In the US, Honda went with a mix of both, but made it a bit more subtle to play it safe to Americans who didn't like radical styling, but different enough not to get mixed up with the Acura CSX which is the Asian civic

#20 ·
I think the answer is clear as to why no US hatchback. It may be appealing to some now, but a few years back when they were planning the 06+ civics a hatchback design was clearly not the best selling choice.

As for the dash I like the current dash better... the euro dash looks cheaper IMHO, like yaris or something.

#26 ·
I like the front clip...not diggin the rear; the interior...it is nice but a little too busy/chopped up to fit everything. I DO like the info-center with the tach around it...the push-button start and the position of the hand-brake.

I keep thinking Darth-Vaders tie-fighter whenever I see that interior pic though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.